Simplefit.org • View topic - Slacke's Log

Slacke's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Slacke's Log

Postby Slacke » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:20 am

Hi everyone. New guy here trying out the SimpleFit program and i thought id post my progress as a bit of extra incentiv to keep at it. :)

For lack of better ideas I started at level one day one and managed to squeeze in 34 rounds.

What I noticed was that it was purely the pullups that were holding me back. At the beginning I could keep up a decent tempo but after
a while I really had to rest for a bit if I was gonna be able to do another proper pull up, while the pushups and squats almost felt kinda pointless.

Maybe I'm not the only thats had this experience though? I'm hoping this might level out a bit as I progress further.
Slacke

Re: Slacke's Log

Postby Ruli » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 am

welcome to SF slacke! and yes, don't worry, things will get a bit tougher as you move up lvl's!!!
Ruli

Postby Slacke » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 am

L1 day2: 2:58

Don't think I really needed three minutes rest between each run...
Slacke

Postby Neilfenstein » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Doing really great, it's good to do each level I think it only take a week and you know for sure when you get to the week that makes you struggle with day 3!

You should crush D3 on lvl 1! Good luck!
Neilfenstein

Postby Slacke » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am

L1 day3: 2:04

Had to split the pull ups up a bit, did 6+2+1+1, but otherwise it wasn't much of a problem.
Pushed up the tempo on the last two steps so got my heart beating a bit atleast.

Looking forward to next week to see how big the difference will be at next level.

btw thanks for the comments, always good with some feed back =)
Slacke

Postby Slacke » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:43 am

Got bored waiting for monday so got an in an early start on level 2.

L2, D1: 31 rounds

Since my tempo tapered off quite a bit at the end last week i started by pacing myself a bit from the start this time, maybe a tad too much since it
feels like I could'v gone on a bit longer. It did feel like a better complete workout this time though with the increased amount of pushups.
Slacke

Postby G-Money » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Good job, Slacke. Wanted to say thanks for visiting my log. It does seem as though we're in a similar place with our progress.

The D1 pacing is definitely difficult. I still haven't decided whether I want to push until exhausted and then rest a longer or take short rest every 2 or 3 rounds. I assume we'll eventually figure out what's best for us individually.
G-Money

Postby Slacke » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 am

L2, D2: 2:58

Seems I managed to hit the exact numer that i did on day 2 of level 1. =)

Planning on these early levels when your just working your way through them seems a bit pointless.
Should be another thing when we hit a level where you actually have to work for a couple of weeks.
Wonder if that will be level3, atleast day one there seems like it could get tough with doubling the amount of pull ups...
Slacke

Postby Ruli » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 am

Wonder if that will be level3, atleast day one there seems like it could get tough with doubling the amount of pull ups...

WONDER NO MORE: as what everybody will tell you, you're first L3D1 is a killer - and all because of that extra pull-up!!! but don't let that disheartened you, 'cause you'l eventually get the "hang" of it (pun intended :-))
Ruli

Postby Slacke » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:37 am

Level 2 done, finished day 3 at 3:09.

Now just to get a couple days rest before the real pain starts... =)
Slacke

Postby Slacke » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:56 am

Level 3, Day 1: 21 rounds

Ok this sure was a step up in difficulty.
Really hade to pace myself for the pull ups to be able to keep a decent form and the last couple of rounds I even had to drop down and take a breath inbetween each.

On the other hand I guess 21 rounds times 2 is more total pull ups than last weeks 31 rounds of 1 =)
Slacke

Postby Slacke » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 am

Level 3, day 2: 3:15

Day 2 took just a little bit longer than on level 2, didn't really feel much harder though.

Looking forward to see if I can break day3 on sunday.
We're going out to a metalfestival friday/saturday though so might not be in the best shape after that... =)
Slacke

Postby G-Money » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Good time on L3D2.

I thought Europe was all about electronic music. Enjoy the festival.
G-Money

Postby Slacke » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:33 am

L3, D3: 4:25

This one really was tough on the arms.
Guess I couldv taken a little longer breaks between the pull ups but wasn't sure how much time I'd need for the last parts.
Slacke

Postby Slacke » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:43 am

Will be interesting to try out level 4 next week. Since I assume I won't be able to just stroll through it the first week like the earlier levels
it will be the first real test showing if the program will actually give some progress or not.
Slacke

Next

Return to workouts