• View topic - Forbes' Log

Forbes' Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Forbes' Log

Postby Forbes » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 am

Visited a couple of mates doing this on the weekend (James+Saul) and had a go with the pull up bar, first time I've used one in years but felt compelled to get one on the way home and give it a bash.

3 days later and my stomache was still aching! But thought I would give it a start now anyway - 6ft - 14.5stone.

Started on L3D1 - 25 rounds. (The last 8 or so rounds I felt the form on pull ups getting worse so subbed in an extra pushup to balance it out)

How my body feels in a few days for D2 will mean alot!

Re: Forbes' Log

Postby cheapo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 am

25 rounds is a solid result.

Day 2 after your first Day 1 will be tough. I would focus on getting through it, with decent form. Your muscles will likely be very sore. (When I come back to SF after missing a week or two, Day 2 is usually brutal; especially the squats.) Don't worry too much about your time. (Time it if you like, just don't chase the clock to hard.)

Postby Forbes » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Just completed L3D2 - my chest and stomache muscles were still aching a lot from day 1 so was pretty aprehensive!

All times rounded up to the second:
1 - 51s
2 - 52s
3 - 54s
4 - 51s
5 - 44s
Total: 4min 12s

Think I just powered through 5 without saving any energy as it was last round, but could definitely do more and dont feel bad now.

Squats have been fine so far but I run a fair bit, press ups not so bad, but pull ups are really causing some aches.

Postby Forbes » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 am

Just completed L3D3..

Pull ups are a bit of a struggle - and I felt like my door frame could possibly rip off!! Since my weight is actually not too far off the 100kg limit! Oops.

Anyway, did pull ups in 8,4,4 - the press ups straight 33 and squats straight 33 no problem.

2m51s - So next week, time to try level 4!!

Return to workouts