Simplefit.org • View topic - Hazdxb's Log

Hazdxb's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Hazdxb's Log

Postby hazdxb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 am

Hey guys,

I am a 19 year old guy who's pretty skinny, around 5'9" and 54 Kg(120lbs). Started this workout because i could never be bothered going to a gym and it seems a lot more simple than other ones i've seen online. Other than simplefit, I bike ride nearly everyday(BMX mainly but mountain bike as well) so my legs are pretty strong. I was thinking of increasing the amount of squats I do for every level but only on days that i don't ride, you guys think its a good idea? Or should I just leave the squats at the regular amount so that i don't stress my quads too much?

D1 was kinda daunting since I wasn't sure i could keep going for the full 20 mins but i think it went pretty well.

L3W1D1 - 21 rounds
hazdxb

Re: Hazdxb's Log

Postby KTG » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 am

Welcome to Simplefit.

I'm also a bike rider and a runner, who started out thinking the squats were a little trivial. For the first 3 levels, the squats seemed to be mostly about keeping the heart rate up. On levels 4 and 5 I've finally started to feel the squats more in my legs and have to concentrate more on keeping the speed up.

My recommendation would be to keep the squats at regulation and use the extra oxygen for your pull-ups and push-ups. But, whatever keeps you motivated is the right thing to do.
KTG

Postby hazdxb » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 am

Thank's KTG I'll stick to your recommendation and just keep the same amount of squats.

Log:
I got a little lazy and missed out on day 2 but as for day 3....

W1L3D3 - 9:13.6
hazdxb

Postby hazdxb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 am

W2L3D1 : 20 Rounds (-1)
Lost a round because I was much more focused on form since I had realized I had been doing my pullups a little wrong. My arms burned a lot more today!
hazdxb

Return to workouts