• View topic - Blaque's log

Blaque's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Blaque's log

Postby Blaque » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 am

Hi there,
I'm new to fitness in general, and I'm doing SimpleFit in order to regain strength after a few years without sport.
My main goal is to strengthen my core and arms in order to climb harder (I rock climb 2 times a week)
I'm 25 years old, 1,76m (5'9") and 75kg (165 pounds)
I have ankylosing spondylitis, which is why I couldn't exercise for a while. It's now under control and I lead a fairly normal life.

I had my first round of simplefit today, without pull-ups since I don't own a bar and have no place to do subs.

Day 1 (L1D1): 21 rounds.

Re: Blaque's log

Postby KTG » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome to Simplefit. I had to look it up, but that AS thing sounds like a pretty tough challenge. Good to hear that it is under control.

Door frame pull-up bars work pretty well--about $30 online. I would think that working on pull-ups would be a good thing for your climbing.

21 rounds is a great start.

Re: Blaque's log

Postby Blaque » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks, the community seems great.

The 21 rounds messed me up with delayed onset muscle soreness for the rest of the week... I asked for advice from my rhumatologist, and she said I should halve the times, so 10 minutes instead of 20, etc.

I don't have any doors that can accomodate the pull up bars i've seen, unfortunately.

Return to workouts