Simplefit.org • View topic - Carnt do a single pull up, whatd do i do?

Carnt do a single pull up, whatd do i do?

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Carnt do a single pull up, whatd do i do?

Postby unl3ashed93 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi everyone.

I've started at level 1 to build up a strong foundation, press ups seem ok, but struggle a bit. Squats are fine, but pull ups are a serious struggle for me, :(

carn't do a single pull up.
Also have a prbolem of having belly fat but my arms are slim.

What do i do?

Hope you guys could be of some asisstance

Thanks, really appreciate it

Mo
unl3ashed93

Re: Carnt do a single pull up, whatd do i do?

Postby Tarkus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey! I'm no expert but it seems that you should focus in cardio in order to have a lighter body and make your exercises easier.

Regarding the pull-ups, I've started 4 months ago and at first I couldn't do one single push up, so I chose to do assisted ones: put a chair below yourself and rest your legs there (not standing with your feet, but bending your knees), they were really useful in my case. I tried to do the jump negative pull-ups but they did not were comfortable to me.

I'm currently able to perform 5 or more normal pull-ups :) I would like to note that I'm doing parallel grip pull-ups as they are the easiest ones for me, I will re-try the other ones when I'm satisfied with these.

SimpleFit plan suggests that 3 assisted pull-ups are equal to a normal pull-up (for example, in Day 1 of Level 1 you should perform 3 assisted ones).

Never forget that you must be patient and persistent in order to see results.

Cheers :D
Tarkus

Postby mr_fro2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 am

Do body rows. In less than 2 months, I went from zero pull ups to being able to do 1 pull up and even 3 chin ups in a row. I did the table body row shown in the 1st video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYUxXMGVuuU

Another way to do them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=basCkYP5fPk

good luck!
mr_fro2000

Postby KTG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Almost everyone struggles the most with the pull-ups. Stick with the program using the substitutions and you'll get there before you know it. Once you can do one the door opens.
KTG

Return to workouts