vbm's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

aussiechick

Post by aussiechick » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Conrats on those FIVE pullups VBM!

I love reading peoples workout logs for a bit of inspiration.

Bec

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:12 am

Thanks!

I am keeping a steady pace. I have my expectations low with my goals high. This seems to work for me (in general). I saw your question about level 2. I'm definitely no guru, but I am staying on level 1 until I can do the real thing. My initial goal is to do the pullups - not to progress through the levels. Once I get the pullups I think the progressiopn through the levels will come.

This is just my opinion. I have been advised by others to do different things with my workouts - some I've listened to, but not all.

ucffool

Post by ucffool » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:37 am

Well, if you got your time under 5 minutes, and pull-ups are the only thing that is 'holding you back', I would think moving to Level 2 would be good, since day1 is still only 1 pull-up, but increases the squat and push up count. Remember, every day should be a 15-20 minute workout, and even if you spend more time on week 2, you will continue to build up your pull-ups while not leaving your push-ups/squats as too easy.

Just my 2 cents... I haven't done a single pull-up, but after this 4th week (rest week) at L1, I will move up to L2... though I don't doubt I will be there for 4 or 5 more weeks.

aussiechick

Post by aussiechick » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:58 am

Thanks for your thoughts VBM.

It looks like you won't be far off getting all those pullups in.

I know I will be a long time (several months at least, and not before I lose a lot of weight) before I can do a single pullup so I am not planning on waiting until I can do them to move on. But I am thinking maybe I should stay level 1 until I can do all the pushups on my toes, because I think that is achievable in a month or so. I'll see how it goes. I am having lots of fun anyways and thats the main thing.

Bec

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:08 am

Hi VBM,

check out this persons log I think you may be able to encourage her

viewtopic.php?t=384

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Still enjoying my "rest" week. I did some pushups (tried the 45 deg version with my arms closer to my sides - wow), two pullups, some body rows, and some calisthenics. None of it was really counted or timed. just got myself warm and stretched a bit. Feel good - but ready to get back into it.

I still want to stay at level one. I am seeing what I think is tremendous progress. I have a prior record of pushing really hard and burning out.

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:20 pm

Travelled this weekend.

Family reunion - ate too much! But it was good timing for a break. In the past, I have tried to go WAY TOO long without stopping. This attitude I have is comfortable. I am ready to start back to work on my pullups.

I did a tough 30 minute walk this morning - stopped for pushups now and then - no count - not hard work.

Can hardly wait to do L1D1 again!!!!

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:58 am

L1D1

17 rounds - 5 full pullups distributed throughout.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:37 am

Nice!

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:41 am

Thanks Kevin!

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Ok - this is both a call for pats on the back (mine) and, hopefully, a brilliant example for those of us who are still working on level 1 and/or getting the pullups.

L1D2
15m50s
ALL 10 PULLUPS!!!!!!!!
I took some advice from in here. After each round I forced myself to wait 3 minutes. That makes the total time minus rest = 3m50s

I feel proud (obviously) and pumped. Before my head gets any bigger I'd better stop and do some gratuity. Thanks everyone in here and you know Who.

I will stay at level 1 til I am sure I can do the requirement to move up with full pullups. I will start trying to use D1 and D2 to reduce the rest time, gradually, down to the point where I can do D3 without breaking the 10 in a row.

WOOHOOO!!!!

aussiechick

Post by aussiechick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:51 pm

Way to VBM! Good to see your hard work and persevence paying off!

Woot Woot!!

Bec

aussiechick

Post by aussiechick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:52 pm

Way to VBM! Good to see your hard work and persevence paying off!

Woot Woot!!

Bec

Ha, I was so excited for you I posted twice!

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks!

Wierd thing is - my legs are wiped out, not my back. Hmpf!?

volleyball_man

Post by volleyball_man » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:26 am

OK - my 2-day-after-soreness is in effect. Arms and back are now wiped out!

L1D3 10m47s

Rested a bit during the pullups. I only got 4 full. I attribute this to my being sore from 2 days ago and the fact that I cut down a few trees with a hand saw and hauled (by dragging) the debris to the street yesterday. That was a little more than an active rest!

I think I will do the 3 min rest only on days 1 and 2 - trying to reduce the time like I mentioned above. Day three will be my day for testing how I am progressing at pullups. I'll do as many as I can (feasibly no failure) and go to body rows and negatives.

Did the pushups easy in about 30s (didn't count the time) and the squats in about 30s as well.

I love this plan!