Simplefit.org • View topic - Just finished my first week (lvl 1) . 1 question :)

Just finished my first week (lvl 1) . 1 question :)

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Just finished my first week (lvl 1) . 1 question :)

Postby Pozitron » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi fellas. I'm kind of new here. I just finished day 3 lvl 1.
It said there 10 pullups, 21 push-ups, 21 squats.

I finished in 3 min 15 sec.
But..
I was only able to do 7 consecutive pullups. Then I got off the bar cause I just couldn't do any more and after a few seconds got back on and finished till 10 pullups.
Is that fair? Was it ok? or.. did I cheat?

So when you say.. workout on your day 3 for time.. it simply means how much time does it taked for you to go through all of the exercises ( no matter how you do them)?
Is simplefit that simple :)?

Thanks
Pozitron

Re: Just finished my first week (lvl 1) . 1 question :)

Postby Pilgrim1312 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, it is that simple. If D3 takes less than 5 minutes, move up a level. Your number of consecutive pull-ups will increase as your day 1 & 2 workouts get more challenging with the higher levels. Congratulations and welcome aboard.
Pilgrim1312
Advanced Member

Postby Pozitron » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks!
Pozitron

Postby Reed913 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 am

It's great you can do 7 consecutive pullups during your first week. Congrats. Did you already have a level of fitness before you started ?
Reed913

Postby Pozitron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am

Well, yes. I would say I'm in good shape. I want to gain more muscle though. In the last years I always had an interest in working out even though I never went to the gym. I did home workouts but wasn't that consistent. I would pick up a program, follow it for some time then drop it. However, I always had this mentality that I am an active person and that I am good at sports. So on the one hand, I would start something and drop it, but on the other hand I would always take up something new in a short time cause idk.. I feel the need. It all started some years back when I began from not being able to do 1 pushup and got up to being good at it. Working out then kind of made me confident in what I could do cause I got stronger and some muscles and a 6 pack that have stuck with me till today.
Regarding pullups.. well, sice I workout out at home I never had a pullup bar till recently ( this month). So in the past I would akip the pullups every time and try to replace them.
Not anymore :).
Today I did 10 in a challange with a friend but I contracted my abs and legs..
Pozitron

Postby Bri3626 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am

Just a point here.

On Day 3 it is meant that you complete the pullups first, pushups second, then squats.
Bri3626

Postby Pozitron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am

Thank you! Amazing how this was the question I was asking myself just know. THis might schange the game a little. Good to know now.
Pozitron

Return to workouts