body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Chongtxtx's Simplefit log

Postby chongtxtx » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 am

brmc72 wrote:
> Nice job! How did you break up your 32 pullups? That's always the hardest
> part for me and I can't decide if it makes more sense to do more smaller
> sets (stopping each set before I burn out), or fewer larger sets (which
> might be quicker but risks totally frying my arms).

Thanks, I just did 25 pullups before my hands started slipping and then sets of 3 and 4. I tend to go full tilt and not think about gaming the workout just because I hate putting to much thought into a workout and just get it done. Now on the flip-side my arms are very fried when I transition to the pushups, but it is worth it to me to not have to think and just do.

4/15/2014
L7D1
22 rounds
88 pullups, 176 pushups, 264 squats

Yeah this workout was pretty hard. The pushups during D1 workouts are starting to get tougher because the number is getting higher. I will probably wind up being stuck at this level for a couple of weeks, I hope no more than 3 weeks but we shall see. I hope all of yall have a great day!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 am

4/17/2014
L7D2
15mins 7 sec
40 pullups, 120 pushups, 200 squats

Whoa this workout was rough! I woke up at 5am and by 5:05 I was warming up so I was still not very much awake. My pullups were strict with the exception of the last rep of the last two sets. My pushups were strict but I was taking breaks on the last two sets while in the up pushup position. The squats were continuous sets but a little slower on the last two sets. I am scared of the next workout, but I shall face it with a smile and probably sleepy eyes LOL. Have a great day everyone!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 am

4/19/2014
L7D3
9min 11 sec
40 pullups, 80 pushups, 80 squats

Holy bejeezus that was hard! Something was definitely wrong this day I could not get my had placement right on the pullups. I wound up having to do the entire 40 pullups in sets of 5. I think it is time to shave my callouses. The pushups were tough but not any tougher than previous Judgement workouts, im sure it's because I broke up my pullups so much. I finished my pullups in about 4 minutes, whereas in previous judgement workouts I was able to finish the 30 pullups in about 1 minute. I will be here for a while. I am looking forward to taking it back a few levels for the rest though. I have not been getting good sleep probably 4-5 hours a night sometimes less so I am also sure this is playing into it, and my diet sucks so who knows when I will get it though my thick skull to fix that.

4/21/2014
L7D1
22 rounds
88 pullups, 176 pushups, 264 squats

So again this was tough I had no motivation to workout this morning after about 3 hours of sleep. My pullups are really suffering from my callouses so I will take some time today to fix that with my "Dremel" when I get home. The squats and pushups are tough but not bad. I hope all of yall have a great day! Peace out.
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:19 am

4/23/2014
L7D2
11min 00 sec

So this workout was tough but everything felt stronger. My last set of pullups I had to kip a little to get the last rep but other than that pretty good. The 40 squats had me huffing a little but not to bad. As everyone can see I was able to knock off over 4 minutes from my last L7D2 workout so I am excited about that. I am still a bit weary about my next workout but I just hope to see some improvement. I am also contemplating adding some additional cardio work maybe just rowing or rucking. I am trying not to go back to running. Also on the plus side I have started to get a lot of compliments on my body composition so I am pretty happy about that. I hope all of yall have a good day and some good workouts!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby brmc72 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Excellent job! Yeah, those 40 squats are surprisingly hard. That's a huge improvement over last week!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks man, Yeah the workouts are working and I am seeing definite improvement.

4/25/2014
L7D3
7min 55 sec

So I knocked off over a minute I am really ecstatic about that. I was able to knock off 20 pullups before I started to do them in sets of 5. My calluses were still bothering me. I think my pushups were my biggest limiting factor this time. But I am still very happy with this week. Next week is my recovery week so I'm looking forward to that. Have a great weekend everyone!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 am

4/28/2014
L4D1
46 rounds
92 pullups, 184 pushups, 276 squats

This was a good workout. I developed a blister halfway through the workout but still did pretty awesome. I was able to add an additional 8 rounds from my previous L4D1 workout. I wish I could have gotten 4 more rounds just to say I got the 50 rounds but ehh maybe next time. Im looking forward to the judgement day and the active recovery I will be doing this week. I have been incorporating alot of foam rolling to help with my bad posture and sore upper back. I hope all of yall have a great day and some good workouts.
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am

4/30/2014
L4D2
4min 00 sec
20 pullups, 60 pushups, 100 squats

Pretty good workout this one felt strong and a little easy. My hands still hurt from the previous workout blisters but ehh. A little note on hand hare take care of those calluses, I have been filing them down and slicing em off with razor blades so hopefully my next workout will be easier. Have a great day everyone!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Wed May 07, 2014 9:42 am

5/2/2014
L4D3
1min 50 sec
20 pullups, 41 pushups, 41 squats

So I knocked off about 16 seconds, hellz yeah! I pushed myself really hard on this and was surpised that I knocked off that much time. This stuff is definitley working

5/5/2014
L7D1
24 rounds
96 pullups, 192 pushups, 288 squats

I felt really good throughout the workout and I was able to do 2 more rounds of this with 14 seconds to spare. Next time I am going to try and even if I have time left just at least do as many reps of the next exercise as possible. I was huffing and puffing close to the end but I am so happy to see some improvement. On to the next workout. Keep it up everyone and have a great day!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Thu May 08, 2014 6:08 am

5/7/2014
L7D2
10min 46 sec

Holy crap this workout sucked. I guess eating pizza and drinking alot of water before a workout is not a good idea. I was wanting to puke the entire workout. But whatever I got it done. I thought I was going be slower than my previous workout but I wound up knocking off 14 seconds although I think I could have done better. Anyways onward to the next workout. Have a great day everyone!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Fri May 09, 2014 7:09 am

5/9/2014
L7D3
8min 23 sec

So yeah I thought I was doing better this workout apparently not lol. I got woken up at 3 in the morning by my 7 year old so I was a little tired this morning. But still not to bad my pullups I feel were easier this time but my pushups were definitely my sticking point I did my first 35 and then a set of 10 and then after that it was sets of 5 until completion. I really need to eat better this extra weight is killing me. I feel like my body is looking better but still not the best it could be so hopefully I can fix that for myself. But anyways I still love these workouts and will continue on. Cmon week 13 don't be so cruel. Have a great day everyone!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby invisiblejk » Fri May 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Impressive. In 3 years, I will be at L7 and will know what you are going through.
invisiblejk
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Fri May 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Nah just eat good and keep being consistent with your workouts. Good luck. But hell even if it did take you that long I would be impressed with your tenacity, keep it up!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 am

5/13/2014
L7D1
24 rounds
100 pullups, 200 pushups, 288 squats

So I have been so tired that I had to push this workout back by one day and I was still not very motivated to do it. But once I started I noticed that I was doing OK. About halfway through I probably burned myself out lol but I kept on going and got my 24 rounds with about 30 seconds to spare so I tried to get another round in and only managed to do the pullups and pushups of the next round hence why my math doesn't make sense up there. I hope all of yall have a great day, and great workouts!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby chongtxtx » Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 am

5/15/2014
L7D2
7min 35 sec

This workout was really hard I didn't realize it but went through it a lot quicker than I had intended to. I wound up taking 3 1/2 minutes off my previous time for this workout. After my workout I went for a 20 minute run and that was fun/hard because of all the squats but I need to get ready for a PT test so hopefully all these squats will help me out with my run time. I hope all of you have a great day!
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to workouts