Simplefit.org • View topic - Hosedragger's house of pain..

Hosedragger's house of pain..

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

9/25/07 workout

Postby Hosedragger » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:47 pm

well.. it's sorta like a rest week. I'm not doing pullups cuz they hurt too much.. but today I did:

5 rds. of:
10 pushups, feet elevated 18".
15 situps
20 squats

Completely off the clock. See there; I do know how to rest. :twisted: Tomorrow I'm planning to do intervals or hill sprints weather permitting. I'm just trying to git 'er done this week early, since I'll be out of town Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, with no opportunity for anything except meetings and driving.. :cry:
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

10/03/07 workout

Postby Hosedragger » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:51 am

Modified L4D2, wk.1

12 leg lifts
12 pushups
20 squats

5 rds in 7:31

I don't think the leg lifts are anywhere near equivalent to pullups, but they do take time and my middle needs the work too. I'm going to try to find some velcro straps to put around my forearms below the elbows for test day. I've heard that can help take the stress off the tendons in the elbow. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Kevin, I started the 10/1/07 thread by accident. You can get rid of it or merge it with my workout log if you like. I would do it but I don't know how.
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Postby ucffool » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Per moderator settings, I can't merge topics together. I can move the other thread do a different forum, but that doesn't do any good. Sorry dude. I can lock the other thread if you want.
ucffool

revamping my workout..

Postby Hosedragger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:32 pm

After an early rest week followed by a week spent chasing elk around western Wyoming (unsuccessfully.. so far), I'm ready to go again, but my elbows still aren't.

I'm going to temporarily switch to Crossfit's beginner's strength program found here:

http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library ... sMay03.pdf

I've found I can still deadlift without pain if I don't squeeze the bar any more then necessary to maintain a safe grip. And, the deadlift is a full body pulling movement that should sub nicely for pullups. But I only plan to do this long enough for my elbows to heal. I prefer the convenience of working out wherever there is a pullup bar; and I'd rather not run at all.
Oh well..
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

11/18/07 workout, back on simplefit

Postby Hosedragger » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:34 pm

The crossfit beginner's thing didn't work out very well, so I'm back.

wk.2, L4D1, 20 rds. subbing 3 narrow, palms-facing grip, lat pull-downs @70 lbs. for 1 chin-up. Total reps 320. I haven't lost anything as far as push-ups & squats and overall endurance.. but man I wish my elbows would heal so I can get back to chins..

I feel like the dunkin' donuts guy... 'time to ice the elbows' morning, noon and night.
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Postby taifun » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:48 am

Hey man,

Have you seen a doc about that elbow? If it still hurts after so long (more than a month right?) you better do so!
taifun

Postby Hosedragger » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 am

Taifun,

I'm seeing a physical therapist right now, about twice a week, and it seems to be helping. My elbows do feel better, but I still can't do pull-ups without pain. My P.T. says that my slow recovery is just part of pushin' 50 years old. I'm trying to be patient and work back into an upper body routine that doesn't set me back anymore then I am already. Thanks for asking.
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to workouts