Simplefit.org • View topic - dittothat's log

dittothat's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby dittothat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 am

L1D2-really this time...

11:12

The last two rounds the pushups really became tough. I broke the 4 round pushups into 2x3 sets and failed to complete the second set, I did those from the knees. The last set I did in 3x2 and those I got done failing only on the final pushup. (The pushup form article on the Crossfit site made these more difficult than two days ago. :-) Pullups: I got one dead hang chinup which was exciting, the rest were subbed variously. Mostly jump let downs.

So the struggle with the pushups raises the question, what should one do if one fails to complete a set? Rest and try again or complete the set with some modification.
dittothat

Postby taifun » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:12 pm

So the struggle with the pushups raises the question, what should one do if one fails to complete a set? Rest and try again or complete the set with some modification.

I would probably split the set like you did, down to one rep per set, and then if needed, increase rest periods between the single rep sets. D2 is a strength day, so I'd save the mods (knees, wall etc.) until I had no other choice.
taifun

Previous

Return to workouts