Simplefit.org • View topic - coreman's log

coreman's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

coreman's log

Postby coreman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:23 am

I started the program mid-week last week and was pretty damn sore.

I found this site from crossfit.com. I wasn't ready for that, so I want to do the simplefit program. More than a few people say they wished they started with this program as well.

I'm 32, 6'2 and between 245lbs and 250lbs. I've always been fairly athletic, but the beer and pizza diet has caught up to me. To get back into some sort of shape, I've just completed the coach potato to 5K program. I play half-court basketball 1-2 times a week for about an hour.

My short term goal is to run 3-4 miles on Tue and Thurs and work on the simplefit program Mon, Wed, and Fri. My goal is to do each level in a month.

My longer term goal is to lose 50-70 lbs with simplefit, running, some crossfit training, basketball and I think I'm going to give the diet from this site a shot for a month. I have already adjusted my portions of what I'm currently eating and I've stopped drinking.

I started simplefit on Wednesday of last week, here is what I did:

L1D2 Wed:
-6 reverse chin-ups
-6 push-ups
-10 squats
Time:
-10:26

L1D3 Fri:
-10 reverse chin-ups
-21 push ups
-21 squats
Time:
-7:09

I'm just about able to do a full chin-up, just from last weeks reverses. Last week I did reverse chin-ups but on Friday, I wasn't able to do the 3:1 ratio, I was too sore, so that's why my time was so good.

This is what I've completed this week:

L1D1 Mon:
-Alternated 2 jumping chin ups/1 jumping pull up and 2 jumping pull up/1 jumping chin up
-2 push ups
-3 squats

I only got 9 rounds in, I got pretty winded. I'm shooting for 15 for next week. I'm going to try to get a full chin-up and probably add in some body rows with the reverse or jump pull ups.

Today I ran just over 3.25 miles in 37:32. I'm playing basketball tonight as well.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure I got it all in here.

Thanks for reading.
coreman

Postby Urup » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:30 am

Hi coreman and welcome! :)

Nice workout plan and goals and good times on your workout!
Urup

Postby kdo463 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 am

You're off to a great start! Keep it at it and you will be very happy with the results sooner than you think.
kdo463

Postby coreman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:49 pm

kdo463 wrote:You're off to a great start! Keep it at it and you will be very happy with the results sooner than you think.

I'm really surprised how much my chin ups have increased just from one week. I already feel stronger. I can't imagine where I'll be in 6 months.

You wouldn't think that something so simple works, but so far, I really like it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
coreman

Postby aussiechick » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Welcome Coreman!

Silly question, what is a reverse chin?

Bec
aussiechick

Postby coreman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:14 pm

aussiechick wrote:Welcome Coreman!

Silly question, what is a reverse chin?

Bec

I may be calling it the wrong thing, but from what I get it is this:

You get a chair or something that gets you about eye level with the bar. Then you get off the chair and try to lower yourself all the way down as slow as possible. I've done it with a chin up grip and with a push up grip. Last week I only did the chin up grip and it helped my chin ups a lot. This week I'm planning on alternating them.

If I'm calling it the wrong thing, please let me know.
coreman

Postby aussiechick » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Doh, of course negatives! Makes perfect sense now, thanks. You probably aren't calling them the wrong thing I just hadn't heard that term before.

Bec
aussiechick

Postby Hosedragger » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 am

Good job Coreman & welcome!
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Postby coreman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:20 am

aussiechick wrote:Doh, of course negatives! Makes perfect sense now, thanks. You probably aren't calling them the wrong thing I just hadn't heard that term before.

Bec

Nope, I think I had them wrong. Negatives it is. I guess I just subliminally didn't want to do anything negative. :lol:

Wed:
W1L1D2

5 rounds each:
-6 jumping pull ups, 3 sets of 2 alternating between chin up grip and pull up grip.
-6 push ups
-10 dips
Time:
12:59

I need to work on my time, but I was happy to be able to complete the workout. I just remembered that I didn't record my rest time last week, so that is why there is a difference in time.
Last edited by coreman on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
coreman

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:22 am

Hi coreman and welcome!
volleyball_man

Postby coreman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:39 am

I forgot to post that I played half court basketball for an hour on Tues night.
coreman

Postby coreman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:42 am

This morning, I ran 3.26 miles in 36:28.

I read some grease the groove info yesterday, so figured when I got home, I would give it a shot.

I was able to do 3 sets of 1 "almost" chin ups. I got about eye level to the bar, but that was it. It isn't a full chin up, but it is an improvement. I was kinda pumped. Hopefully by next week, I'll be over the bar!!!!
coreman

Postby kdo463 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:06 pm

You're so close! Keep at it.
kdo463

Postby Admin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Welcome!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby coreman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!!!

I had some joint pain in my elbows last night, but some ibuprofen fixed that right up. No pain this morning.

W1L1D3:
6:41

I'm really excited. Last week I was in the 7 minute range, but I didn't count my rest breaks. This week I counted my rest breaks. Last week I was so sore by Friday that it made it almost impossible to do my workout. This week I felt great, no pain at all this morning.

I still can't do a full pull up, but I'm getting closer, this was my breakdown:

2 "almost" chin ups
1 "almost" pull up
("almost" is about eye level from a dead hang)
2 sets of 4 body rows
3 sets of 7 pushups
21 straight squats

I'm pretty pumped. I thought I was doing too much GTG as I experienced pain I hadn't had before. I'm going to cut back on this maybe try one every two hours or so. I'm trying 2-3 when I get a chance.
coreman

Next

Return to workouts