• View topic - More exercises = more time?

More exercises = more time?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

More exercises = more time?

Postby scorxn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Hello everyone. This is mostly a question for the admin, but maybe someone else is in a similar situation. I've already got about a 4-week headstart with body-weight training, but want to adapt to simplefit for more variety (and hopefully better results). Here's what I was doing before:

Sat, Mon, Wed; ~40min to complete
Inclined push-ups: 18 x 5
Pull-ups: 7 x 5
Dips: 7 x 5
Chin-ups: 8 x 5

Fri, Sun, Tue; ~30min to complete
Crunches: 24 x 5
Vertical leg raises: 10 x 5
Side crunches: 24 x 5 (12 on each side)
Leg lifts: 18 seconds (continuous) x 5

I've never trained for time, just for completion. I want to start simplefit tomorrow. I'd like to continue all the exercises above, and even add squats. How should the extra exercises affect my target time? How should I calculate the number of reps for days 1 and 3 of simplefit, since I've only done reps in sets of five, every day so far?

Admin: You can disregard my reddit message. Was very happy to find this forum.

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Looks good,

I would suggest trying the simple workouts first, then integrating your other stuff. try starting at level 5 or 6 and see how that goes you might be surprised. Then after you get a sense of how different and why they are different then start integrating.

If you really want to do are your stuff try this

Mon: all reps about .5 max as many rounds as possible in 20 min
wed: 5 rounds just under max rest approx 3 minutes between rounds
Thur: sets that must be broken into abut 5 chunks blow through all afap

Other cool stuff you can try if you want more resistance are handstand push ups, ring dips, ring push ups, ring pull ups, inverted pull ups, and one leg squats. I personally love using rings it adds a whole dynamic stabilizing aspect to workouts.

Here is Jim doing handstand push ups on rings, this takes quite a bit of strength.
Site Admin

Postby scorxn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 pm

You're really on top of replying to these things! Start simple, got it. I'm used to running ~20min every other day too, but it seems smart to put that on hold until I get a feel for the new routine. I'm really excited to see what a difference a stopwatch makes. Thanks again for your help! I'll be sure to post any revelations.

Return to fitness training