Simplefit.org • View topic - Lloyd's Adventure

Lloyd's Adventure

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby davidmk » Sat May 31, 2008 4:02 am

Nice going, Lloyd! Good times, too!
davidmk

Postby Lloyd » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks, David. I took some time off of L2D3 too but I am a long way from L3.

L2D3 (13 pullups, 26 pushups, 26 squats.) 8:33

I kipped the first 9 pullups in sets of three, then had to switch to body rows subbing 3 for 1. There was no way I was going to get any more kipping pullups. Pushups went pretty well, 4 sets of 5 +3 sets of 3. Squats were 13+11.

I think my new protocol on D3 is going to be kipping pullups until I can't do anymore, than switch to body rows immediately. That way I will be able to compare my times and see if I am really making progress.
Lloyd

Postby davidmk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:54 am

Hey Lloyd,

I really think taking time off of D3 is important, which I guess is kind of obvious. I figure we are doing this to improve and not necessarily to be at one level or another. It sure is a good feeling though, moving up a level! You are still making some good progress.
davidmk

Postby Lloyd » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 pm

agreed. Faster day 3 is better, but for me eliminating substitutions is better still. i did L2D1 again

L2D1 (1 pullups, 3 pushups, 4 squats.) 22

and had to do the last two rounds with legs- spread pushups. The pushups are killing me. Pullups were no problem because when there is only 1 you don't have to lower yourself with any control at all. Just let go of the bar and start thinking about more horrible pushups.
Lloyd

Previous

Return to workouts