Well I've been pretty steady with my goal of working out weekly. Minimal breaks. I've accomplished a lot and feeling pretty good. Hit 179 lbs today although that wasn't an original goal. Started at 208. All that was flab pretty much. Currently I've been doing xfit type workouts, some puppy style but I've done a couple as Rx'd. Problems listed below as well as current goal list.
1. Still afraid to tackle heavy lifting type exercises. Mostly because I'm not sure I'll be doing it right and because if done wrong I'm scared as hell I'll injure the shoulder again.
2. Still have some issues with the shoulder. I can do pullups but if I tried to pull on a bow even at say a 50 lbs pull I have some pretty good pain.
3. Need to get a trainer to improve technique and skills. No one close by and the closest to me shut down.
1. Currently going to try to level my pullup, pushup, and squat skill so that I can do rapid movements correctly and work at an as Rx'd level of Crossfit. The current workout is similar to Simplefit except in reverse order. There are 10 levels and the pinnacle is 20 min AMRAP 30 squats, 20 pushups, and 10 pullups. The goal is to get a minimum of 15 rounds. That is 450 squats, 300 pushups, 200 pullups or 950 reps in 1200 seconds (1.2 sec/rep). I think is doable if I train hard enough and do it correctly.
2. Skill sets for things I don't do well. Haven't exactly worked this into the plan but maybe commit one day a week or two to practicing. Current skills I want to work on are double-unders, Oly lifts such such as cleans, jerks, overhead squats etc.
3. Went to first Krav Maga class and want to start that up. Its one day per week with one day of Gracie jiu jitzu. Might even help bring me up to speed on the other stuff.
4. Improve running skills. Haven't worked this out either but would like to get a sub 7 min per mile run for 5k.
5. Complete a Murph with 20lbs vest. Would love to see that happen. May try to incorporate the vest into the regular workouts to develop.