Simplefit.org • View topic - Without simplefit, I'd never be where I am today

Without simplefit, I'd never be where I am today

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Without simplefit, I'd never be where I am today

Postby ucffool » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Over a year ago I discovered simplefit, I worked with kevin to build the workout log, and I took on simplefit head first. I weighed 303 pounds and couldn't hang from a pull-up bar for more than 4 seconds.

I now weigh 264 pounds, can do 3 pull-ups or chin-ups in a row, and continue to lose weight. I haven't been strictly simplefit the last few months, as I have moved a bit farther from my beloved park. So now it's tennis and bike riding, while tossing in some simplefit fundamentals whenever possible to make sure I don't slip backwards.

Case and point, without simplefit, I would have never found a way to incorporate a workout into my life, and without its community, I would have never stuck with it. Thanks Kevin, Simplefit, and the community. When I hit 225, I'll be posting my first simplefit self photo at 303 along with the new one. It may not happen in 2008, but it will happen soon.
ucffool

Postby cheapo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 am

How's it coming?
cheapo

Postby volleyball_man » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:55 am

You are well on your way, Andy!
volleyball_man

Postby cheapo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:21 am

Somehow, I thought the original post was a year old! That's why I foolishly asked for an update 2 days after your original post.

I look forward to your pictures!
cheapo

Postby ucffool » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:35 am

At 258 right now, but I've had 2 colds, bronchitis, and am now on my second round of steroids and antibiotics because I've been sick for 6 weeks, making it impossible to workout. Frustrating since I'm losing light and warmth.

It's been a great summer, and with simplefit, rock climbing (indoor), and yoga this winter, I hope to be in great shape to hit 225 or less next summer.
ucffool

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Andy - I had a cold here for a month. Most people here are ending up like you, bronchitis. Luckily for me, I missed that part!

You've come a long way! Hang in there!
volleyball_man

Return to Fitness Goals