Simplefit.org • View topic - Gigglin's goals

Gigglin's goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Gigglin's goals

Postby Gigglin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Hello all,
I am about to start this program soon. I am currently 140lbs, 5'8" and good bmi. I have been running 3 times a weeks ~2 miles with push-ups, crunches, and some weight exercises on the smith machine for the past 3 months. I have gone from ~ 152 to 140 in that time, but I made some mistakes along the way by not including enough protein in my diet, and have lost a fair amount of muscle along with the fat loss. I am addressing that issue with protein supplements, and a better diet.I started doing squats recently, but have never done a pull-up in my life. So let's see. :D
My goals are to start doing simplefit level1 and be fit and eat healthy, and will be posting my progress regularly.
Just one quick question : Is it ok to include running and crunches / reverse crunches on my off days( Tuesdays and Thursdays) in this program?

Thanks.
Gigglin

Postby volleyball_man » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 am

Most will say - just do SF for a couple of weeks or so. You are the boss. I'd definitely give the SF workout a go without adding to start with and see how you feel. Then add to it as you see fit.

Just an opinion.
volleyball_man

Postby Gigglin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 am

Thank you for your response. I don't have my door gym yet, so I started doing 2 push-ups, and 3 squats routine for 20 minutes ( took a 1 min break around 15 min ), and I am sure now that my behind will be handed to me once I add pull-ups to the routine. :P

Thanks again.
Gigglin

Postby volleyball_man » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:40 am

Do body rows until the door gym arrives. 3 body rows = 1 pullup.

Enjoy!
volleyball_man

Return to Fitness Goals