Simplefit.org • View topic - Gooch's Goals

Gooch's Goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Gooch's Goals

Postby gooch » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am

Hi everyone,

I found out about this site from wisebread.com, I think. Love the concept, and the bodyweight workouts are just right for someone (like me) who has access to a free fitness center about 1/2 mile away, but keeps putting off working out until I can fit it into my schedule (Ha!).

What am I?
32 years old, just shy of 6', and about 275-280 Lb. for the past few years. I wear a 46 waist in pants, and always need XXL in tops.

I would like to be at 230 Lb. by June, and be fitting into XL men's tops.

Also, I would like to maintain a regular fitness program for at least 4 weeks, then an additional 4, etc etc. I have, in the past, started a program only to drop it three weeks later when "something came up".

That's the weight goal - I also expect/plan to have more energy, and be engaged in more regular physical activity than I am now.

I have been eating a fairly balanced diet for a few years now, and cut out most processed sugars in order to lower my risk for diabetes. In the past, I have been able to lose weight from regular increased physical activity and slight modifications to what I eat. In order to make my goals more reachable, and feel better, I am following a good chunk of the advice from a recent Good Eats episode - the advice was not drastically diferent from normative food recommendations (ie, non fad diet advice), but I like the specific list of foods Alton Brown made.

OK, them's the goals.
gooch

Return to Fitness Goals