• View topic - G'day, I'm new

G'day, I'm new

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

G'day, I'm new

Postby rolly_w81 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm Steve and i am 29 years old. i have two great little kids and have a wonderful life and wife. Before kids I was fit. i have always had a big body, but I worked hard before kids to be fit. After kids I have packed on the weight. I am six feet five inches and now way a wopping 126.5kg (278lb), however prior to kids I was 100kg (220lb) and have been as low as 95kg (209lb) when i was ultra fit.

I have just started the body weight program, but like others I am struggling doing the pull ups. I started on level 4 and the push ups and squats were relatively easy but the pull ups killed me. i am able to do three to four pull ups and that about it. After one lot I stuffed.

Anyway, all the encouragement and advise would be gratefully appreciated. I hope that in a few weeks I will be able to see some change in my body.

Postby scumdogg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:25 am

If you can already do 4 pullups then you're already ahead of many people who start the program. Now it's just a matter of building up some muscular endurance and that only comes with perseverance. Don't get discouraged, stick with a good diet and the workouts; as your strength starts to go up and your weight starts to go down, you'll find pullups easier and easier. Even a 10 pound difference can feel huge with pullups. Good luck!

Return to Fitness Goals