Simplefit.org • View topic - fizzle's progress

fizzle's progress

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Postby ucffool » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:10 pm

First off, fantastic work doing it one go! Second, here is some constructive feedback on form (imho):
- Look down at the ground when you do your push-ups. It will help you get a little lower for full ROM.
- Squats did need to be a bit lower, and the slight curvature in the lower back was missing when it gets deep enough. However, I noticed the shaking at the end so be careful here.

I'm no expert, I'm just sayin'. Don't hurt me.
ucffool

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:32 am

Good job!

It's nice to see someone "swimming" to those last pullups. I do the same thing with my legs! I seem to feel better with my feet out in front. :D
volleyball_man

Postby fizzleboink » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:43 am

ucffool wrote:First off, fantastic work doing it one go! Second, here is some constructive feedback on form (imho):
- Look down at the ground when you do your push-ups. It will help you get a little lower for full ROM.
- Squats did need to be a bit lower, and the slight curvature in the lower back was missing when it gets deep enough. However, I noticed the shaking at the end so be careful here.

I'm no expert, I'm just sayin'. Don't hurt me.

No don't worry, you're right. :P

I was trying to show off a bit so my form did suffer hehe.. really wanted to do it in one go. My push-ups are generally better - BUT my squats do need a bit of work. Thanks for the feedback.
fizzleboink

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:14 am

There's a bunch of videos of some flexibility work and techniques for squats on youtube. A guy from crossfit posted them. I am going to start back after my rest week with lunges instead of squats until I get the flexibility to do squats correctly. FYI

Edit: here's the first one - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI
volleyball_man

Postby aussiechick » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks for being brave enough to post this fizzleboink - it certainly does give us something to aspire to!
aussiechick

Postby fizzleboink » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 pm

Here's my progress for this month.. I made a video for one of simplefit's contests:

http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopi ... =6391#6391

I'd like to here what you guys think of my overall progress. I think this video shows me with some decent mass gains. note that my video editing squished the height a bit, so I think I look a bit fatter than I actually am haha.

My weight is hovering around 200 lbs and I think I'm at about 17% body fat.
fizzleboink

Postby aussiechick » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Awesome workout Fizzle, just what I needed to see today to get a bit of inspiration happening.

And yep you have definitely made some great mass gains! Looking back over your older pics the difference is huge, even with a bit of video squishyness going on.

Congratulations!
aussiechick

Postby scumdogg » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Good job fizzle! Don't stop now because you're providing inspiration for a whole bunch of us :)
scumdogg

Postby fizzleboink » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks guys, I'm not stopping anytime soon!
fizzleboink

Postby ucffool » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Your overall body look is very noticeable and improved. excellent work!
ucffool

Previous

Return to Fitness Goals