Time To Make Some Goals, I Guess...

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

QueenGorgo

Time To Make Some Goals, I Guess...

Post by QueenGorgo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Hmmm.... Well as I've mentioned in other posts, I want "the body of the queen" from the movie 300, so that I can dress as her for Halloween 2007 with the guy friends who are also doing Simplefit (and will be dressing as Spartan warriors). What this really means? I wanna be strong, powerful, lean, and HOT by next October. I don't need to widdle myself down to actress size, though.
My goal is to lose 40 pounds by October (and get nice and toned), so that I can play the part. Then I'd be back to my high school weight (scary) and, most important, I'd be healthy.
I'm not sure how much I weigh at this point... I started the workout portion of the Simplefit program about a month ago and haven't checked my weight since. I feel great though. I'd like to start the nutrition portion, as well.
I'm hesitant to weigh myself because, in the past, I've become discouraged and frustrated with the ups and downs of my weight when I start a new exercise routine. I end up quitting.... So I haven't been thinking about my weight at all this time around. I'm just enjoying the feeling of exercising and getting in shape. For all I know, I could have gained weight over the past month.
Hmmm....

samjackson
Advanced Member

Post by samjackson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 am

Queen,

As I posted elsewhere, a tape measure is your best tool to gauge the result of your efforts. You can see where you're shrinking and where you're increasing in size. I agree that a scale can be a source of dissapointment. And, yes, if your putting on muscle and burnimng fat at the same time, you may not see a significant decrease in your weight for some time.

This is my fifth week doing the simplefit routine, along with the fast5 diet plan. I do weigh myself regularly. I've lost about 5 lbs., according to my scale. But I've also increased the size of my shoulders, chest and arms and legs. Last week I added "active recovery" to my day 2 and tripled the calories I burned (according to my heart rate monitor, an excellent investment, by the way). I may start to skip rope between my pull-ups on day 3 (am doing sets of 4 w/ 3 min rest periods in between).

I like your idea of setting Halloween as your goal. The idea of dressing (or undressing) up as a Spartan warrior appeals to me. That may be a good idea for a photo contest, or perhaps a gathering of simplefitters.

In any case, photos of hot women always draw traffic to websites, so be sure to post your's here.

Jack

QueenGorgo

Post by QueenGorgo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:53 pm

samjackson wrote: I like your idea of setting Halloween as your goal. The idea of dressing (or undressing) up as a Spartan warrior appeals to me. That may be a good idea for a photo contest, or perhaps a gathering of simplefitters.
Jack
That is an AWESOME idea!!! We should definitely have a gathering of simplefitters. That would be so much fun. I love it.

And hopefully I WILL get to post some pictures soon. :)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:58 pm

Those sound like great goals and a very realistic time frame. I agree with Jack about the tape, if you really like the scale look for trends over time to avoid day to day fluctuations. Also remember muscle ways allot more than fat so losing fat while staying the same weight is a distinct possibility.

#1 thing for dropping fat is nutrition. I suggest doing the program I have outlined 100% for 30 days so you can see exactly how effective it is and then backing off to a comfortable level.

Here is more on diet
viewtopic.php?t=184

Cheers!