Simplefit.org • View topic - Xtina's progress

Xtina's progress

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Xtina's progress

Postby Xtina » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:12 pm

I posted my first thread in the training forum about how I'm beginning to lose motivation, so I'm going to start posting my progress.

June 5, 2007
Weight: 119
Waist at belly button: 33.25 inches
Waist to hip ratio: I think it's .94 which puts me at elevated risk, but I'm not sure I measured it right.

I haven't completed my workout today. Day 3, Level 1 for the sixth week in a row. Still can't do many real pull ups or pushups.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby aussiechick » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi again

I just did a lengthy reply in your other post but I wanted to ask if you have done an easier "active rest" week yet? That might help with your progress as well.

Bec
aussiechick

Postby Xtina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:29 am

Yeah, I had a rest week. I don't know if I was quite active enough, but I have no idea what the standard should be. I didn't want to overdo it, so I mainly just concentrated on walking more.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:29 am

After you add more muscle you will be able to do a much higher work output plus your bmr ( your will burn way more cal each day ) will be allot higher to feed that muscle ( don't worry I am not talking big muscles think lean and toned )

How is your nutrition? That is an extremely critical factor if your goal is to improve body composition. Let us know if you have any questions.

To optimize fat loss meals should look like this

lean meat ( fit in palm of hand )
non starchy vegetables ( as much as you can eat )
nuts or a little olive oil ( for cooking veg or as dressing )
small amount of fruit preferably berries

construct meals like that 3-5 times a day and you will drop 2-3 lb a week
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 am

It's good advice, and I'm slowly starting to change my diet, but it's difficult because there are so many pitfalls - not the least of which are an uncooperative spouse and co-workers. But one of my co-workers is a former physical trainer and she's going to help me construct a diet plan that works for us. I really like the notion of keeping meat portions the size of my palm. I'm at work right now, so I shouldn't go into the whole spectrum of my diet, but I will say it models the SAD and I'm trying to change that. It's been slow going.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Xtina » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:03 am

This measurement is probably less relevant because I took it at a different time of day so the loss is probably water. But I want to start doing this in the morning (I think) so that's when I'm going to do it today.

Waist at bellybutton: 32 and 5/8 inches
Weight: 116
Hip: 38.5 inches
Waist to hip ratio: .86
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Great, the tape is the way to go.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:30 am

This isn't a tape measurement, but I thought I'd report that the other day I found a new muscle. My husband says it's my triceps brachii. I know it's always been there, but now I can see it and I'm really proud of my progress.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby scumdogg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Good job Xtina! I've been feeling a little less than motivated recently so I've been reading and re-reading some posts, looking for motivation. Keep us posted on any other newly found muscles :)
scumdogg

Postby Xtina » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks! I will :)
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Xtina » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Well. Depending on what time of day/week/month I measure myself, the lowest measurements I've gotten are:

Weight: 116
Waist at belly button: 30.75
Hip: 38 for waist to hip ratio: 31

But I have no idea if I have ever measured my hip in the same place twice, so I think that measurement is pretty useless.

Some days, my waist measurement shoots way up, and others I'm surprised how low it is. It fluctuates multiple times during the day too. So I figure my measurements aren't nearly scientific enough to matter. However, 3 lbs and
an inch and a half off the waist are nothing to sneeze at. I'm proud, and my husband says that he can tell the difference and that in a few months I'll be as slim as I ever was.

Oh also, I've gotten way better at pushups since my first progress posting. I can do all of them the real way, but I'm doing them on rings now, so it seems much easier.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 pm

Congratulations!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:53 am

Woohoo!
volleyball_man

Postby ucffool » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 am

That's fantastic! I don't measure myself, but once a month I take a picture. Always on Sunday mornings, 8am, before having breakfast. That kind of consistency will help keep your numbers from being effected by other variables.
ucffool

Postby Xtina » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Just for fun, even though I'm not doing the same workout anymore, I decided to measure myself almost two years later. My waist is one inch bigger and my butt is about a quarter inch bigger. Not bad for someone who's as sedentary as me! And if I succeed at getting pregnant, this is probably the last time I'll ever be this skinny, so I might as well enjoy it!
Xtina
Advanced Member

Return to Fitness Goals