Maleficarum's Goals

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

Maleficarum's Goals

Postby Maleficarum » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:15 pm

1 dead-hang pull-up

50 push-ups

weigh 200 lbs

I am 28 years old... finishing a degree in PoliSci and Economics at CSU Sacramento. I am a full time dad... who has the joy of staying home with my 6 week old daughter, Aidynn.

I currently run about 12-15 miles a week... and i just started incorporating Simplefit into my weekly workouts. I would like to see my weight drop from 265 lbs to about 200 lbs (with my frame... and the way i put on muscle... i don't see myself weighing less than this and still being healthy).
Maleficarum

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:13 pm

Welcome!

70% of this will be proper nutrition, let me know if you need any help.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Welcome!

I once dropped from my healthy 230 to 190-180. Felt like CRAP. I will stay at my healthy weight.

Good luck!
volleyball_man

Postby Maleficarum » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 am

my nutrition is back on track... low-carbing (atkins protocols with a paleo emphasis on organic/grass-fed produce and meats... limited processed foods).

my girlfriend is also back on low-carb after accepting that after 2 million years of low-carbohydrate diets plenty of women have breast fed without sugar in their diet. She is actually the one who turned me on to low-carbohydrate diets... so if i have become a food-nazi... she has only herself to blame.

i have done a few body fat estimations online... and i get anywhere from 26%-30%. i know these numbers are never accurate... but given my rather large body type... and ever increasing muscle growth... i dont see how it is physically possible for me to be carrying 80lbs of fat at this point.

VBM... my weight goals are more of an estimation... i will be happy when i feel "fit."
Maleficarum

Postby Maleficarum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:18 am

ok... with the possibility of soon joining the Army Reserves... my new goals will be to maximize my scores on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).

This means a minimum of 60 points per event, with three scored events:

2 mile run (17:00)

Push-ups (39)

Sit-ups (45)

The numbers in parentheses are the minimum score required to score 60 points.

While i understand that Basic training will improve my scores in these areas... i see no reason why i cannot work to at least meet these minimum requirements now.

This also serves a dual purpose because i have applied with two different law enforcement agencies in my area. While both have comparatively easier physical requirements, a higher score on my fitness tests would place me higher on the list of applicants.

So... this means working on my running speed (sprints and general speed work), more push-ups (i am averaging about 60 a day... i need to increase that), and core work (practicing sit-ups is ok... but i really need to work on the muscles).
Maleficarum

Return to Fitness Goals