Simplefit.org • View topic - new b

new b

body weight Fitness Goals

Moderator: cheapo

new b

Postby rob » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:13 pm

new to this web site and form of exercize. my name is rob and i have been looking for a simple regimine that i can stick to.

a little about myself first;
i am 41 and about 30#s overweight. im 6'2" and 215 give or take. i have a small frame "thin arms and legs" but a gob o fat around the waist and chest. skinny and fat at the same time :cry: i have been married for 15 years and have two teen age daughters(im in trouble)

my first goal-priority is to get my weight down to 190 and go from there. really i dont mind being 215, i just dont want 30% of my weight in fat. i want to be around for my great great great grandkids :shock:

next i WILL compete in a triathalon so building big muscle is not important to me but being physically fit is. i dont want to be scrawney though either. ideal would be to lose 40# fat and gain 10 15# muscle. keeping my weight below 200#.

i know i can do this i have already dropped 20 or so pounds, but those were easy, i quit drinking pepsi. 4 or 5 a day. the weight really just fell off. no effort on my part aside from avoiding the vending machine at work.

anyway, today i installed a chin up bar in the garage and will start my training tommorow. i was a bit surprised that i was almost able to do one chin up almost.

i will begin on level one and stay there for a while unless i make great gains in my fitness. and great loss in my weight.

rob
rob

Postby splint » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:11 am

Welcome Rob!

Sounds like a great plan. I've heard a lot of people who lost weight by reducing or eliminating soft drinks from their diet. Makes sense when you think about it, 4 or 5 Pepsi's a day is what, around 750 calories? That's more than a pound of fat a week if everything else is the same.

I think the Simplefit program has sculpted my body to the best it's looked since I was in high school. The pull-ups portion has really given me the 'V' shape in the torso area. Be sure to stick with it, it doesn't require that long per week and you can do it at home. Keep us posted on your progress.

P.S. I have one 15 year old daughter and I think if I had two they'd gang up on me and I'd be done for, good luck to you. :)
splint

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi Rob!

I went from 240ish to 235ish and lost 2 inches in my waist. You'll get good results if you keep at it.

Good luck.
volleyball_man

Return to Fitness Goals