• View topic - Eggs, with or without yolk?

Eggs, with or without yolk?

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Eggs, with or without yolk?

Postby TexasMike » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:22 pm

I have always eaten eggs with the yolk, but I have a buddy of mine that is in extremely good shape and he swears by eating eggs without the yolk. I'd like some feedback on the differences and what is better or worse.

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm

I always eat the yolk to much good stuff in there, I also only eat omega 3 organics sometimes 8 a day and have no issue with cholesterol (mostly because I eat very little refined carbs). Read this thread if cholesterol is your concern
I suggest you get your blood work done if you are considering a change in diet and speak with your physician.

Hope that helps
Site Admin

Postby samjackson » Tue May 01, 2007 5:58 pm

There are all kinds of myths and theories about eggs, and proper nutrition in general. Most of the hype is from the bodybuilding world and is profit motivated.

Eat your eggs with the yolk, within your eating window. Moderation and portion control are among the most important factors in healthy eating.

Eating fresh foods, minimal refined carbohydrates (anything with refined cereal grains and/or refined sugars (from any source)) are others. Avoiding trans-fats (partially hydrogenated oils) is the best thing you can do to avoid unhealthy cholesteral levels IMHO
Advanced Member

Postby scumdogg » Wed May 02, 2007 5:16 am

I agree with both admin and samjackson, there are too many vitamins in the yolk to discard them totally. If you are concerned about fat then maybe just include only one or two yolks and the rest whites in your 3-4 egg omelette. I didn't mention cholesterol because studies have shown that dietary cholesterol does not significantly impact blood cholesterol, so don't let that scare you off including a yolk or two.

Postby ryan » Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 am

i eat the yolks all the time.

Return to Nutrition