Simplefit.org • View topic - Question about moving up a level

Question about moving up a level

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Question about moving up a level

Postby modawg531 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 am

So, I started simplefit about 2 and a half months ago, and I really like it. I've lost a little bit of weight, but I know I can lose more. There's a problem I'm facing right now in that I've gotten to level 5, but I'm using a machine at the gym that helps with pull ups. I add weight to it so that I am able to do complete pull ups. Without it, I can't do the pull up exercises.

So now that I'm on level 5, my body just seems to be shutting down on me. I'm more sore that usual just about everyday, so much so that it's affecting my daily runs....I can't go at my usual speed, I wear down to quickly.

So my question is.....should I stay at one level until I am doing pull ups without weight assistance? I'm thinking that the reason I'm having such a hard time lately is because I'm getting into levels that I'm not ready for. Any advice would help. Thanks.
modawg531

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:54 am

Seems like you are answering your own question. How much weight are you trying to lose? When I went from 250 to 203 it was like I removed 47 pounds when it cam to pullups ;)

The most important aspect of a fitness regime is diet. Strength in the gym - abs in the kitchen. I am living proof of this. You also will help your recovery and energy levels.

I recommend going back to L1 and try decreasing the assistance. Work on getting through it legit with no subs. Also - have you had anyone check your form? Really get tuned in on the diet. I use zone diet.
volleyball_man

Return to fitness community