Simplefit.org • View topic - Stretching

Stretching

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Stretching

Postby scumdogg » Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Is there a stretching routine that can be incorporated into or alongside the simplefit routine? I'm looking for something that is like the simplefit routine: fairly quick, not too repetitive, and easy to follow.
scumdogg

Postby Admin » Wed May 02, 2007 7:19 pm

I mostly warm up by rotating joints ie wrist circles, elbow circles, shoulder circles, hip knees ext.Don't really have any specific advice best to find what works for you. Here is an outstanding resource
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

anybody who has a good general stretching routine please chime in

There are also good dvd's out there I hear z health and magnificent mobility are good.

Google around lots of good yoga stuff out there.

Hope that helps
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoeBerne » Thu May 03, 2007 4:32 am

If you're interested in lower body flexibility or splits (maybe for martial arts) check out www.stadion.com. The dynamic stretching routines (which is one of two major components of the system) takes just a few minutes a day, plut two or so strength sessions per week. Did a lot for my kicking height. It is a little pricey, though (the DVD, which is worth it IMHO, is like $50, and the book is closer to $30 - check amazon for it).
But if you're just trying to maintain good, regular range of motion for regular life, then don't bother with Kurz' stuff - it's probably not worth the investment.
JoeBerne

Postby Norman » Thu May 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi !

I think you have to experiment with several stretching programs.

I have found that what works best for me is 'PNF'. I am using this book : "The Book About Stretching" by Sven-A Solveborn.

There is no way I could have used simplefit without the stretching complement but maybe that's just me.

Have fun !
Norman

Re: Stretching

Postby chienket44 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 pm

scumdogg wrote:Is there a stretching routine that can be incorporated into or alongside the simplefit routine? I'm looking for something that is like the simplefit routine: fairly quick, not too repetitive, and easy to follow.

Definitely check out the Magnificent Mobility DVD, it helps with the squats.
chienket44

Postby thrope » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:48 pm

My stretching recommendation is "Fitness Stretching" by John Jerome.
http://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Stretchin ... 88&sr=8-13

I read this book years ago and it is what originally got me more interested in taking care of my body. Has a couple of chapters detailing the benefits of stretching etc. and then has a short but thorough routine for stretching out the whole body which can take from 5 minutes to 30+ depending on how thorough you are.

I highly recommend it...
thrope

Return to fitness training