• View topic - Austin's log

Austin's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Ruli » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm

look mate, i don't wanna get personal (after all, i don't know you from a bar of soap), but you may not be far off the mark with your last comment, hehehehehehe

Postby austin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:47 pm

That I cant get my face over nose height over the bar because of my weight? Yeah I figure as much. I AM working on cutting the weight too, its just going to go a lot slower than strength gains. Any other tips anyone?

10 Descending-sets Burpees, (approx 1 minute rest between sets): 15:05
Holy balls that was a lot harder than I predicted!

Probably more words and numbers tomorrow.

Postby austin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Words, no numbers. Just stopping by after reviewing my previous posts of the last year. Im feeling frustrated at how active I was at a certain point last year, and how well I was doing. I got down to 213lbs, was training often, I was doing great. What's happened? Well I have switched jobs and moved twice. But I dont think I accept that as an excuse. My current job is great, the room I currently rent is acceptable. I really need to start the fire under my ass before winter really comes in. The area Im living in now gets lots of snowfall and ice. I'll probably have to train a lot at a gym down the mountain, which Im dreading. I hate gyms. But on the upside, I could partake in a indoor biking class a coworker of mine leads for some advanced cardio. The gym has decent bikes, treadmills, and a stairmaster.

My back has started hurting the last couple weeks. Its not any kind of pain necessarily, just a discomfort. I blame it on my weight, possibly bad posture, and the fact that until about a week ago, I havent slept on a real bed in over a year. I remember I woke up one morning after sleeping with my gf on a shitty foam couch thing, I went to work and my back ached as if Id slept on the floor all night. I stretched and stretched, but it only got a little better. Now its been a couple weeks and its still there in my lower back, left side. This morning I tried to do a sit and reach- kind of stretch after I got out of bed. I could reach much less than normal, and the spot that aches felt tight. So I know whatever this is, it could be serious. That being said, I have a new outlook on my fitness. I believe Im at a tipping point in my life. Where, in more areas than just my poor fitness, things have reached a point where they're so unacceptable, they could soon become exponentially worse; possibly even beyond repair. Im going to go to the gym tomorrow. I think im going to try to avoid weightlifting for just a little bit. Im too scared of putting some freeweights on my back and making the problem worse. Im not sure when I'll put lifting back into my fitness programming, but I want to really get some bodyweight stuff conquered before I do. Not sure if Im going to the gym tomorrow for just cardio or cardio + L1D1, but I already have my gymbag packed, dont try to stop me.

Postby austin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 am

Push up numbers!
100 Push ups program
Week 1 Day 1 Right column
Set 1 10 Reps
Set 2 12 Reps
Set 3 7 Reps
Set 4 7 Reps
Set 5 Max effort 10 Reps
1 min rest between sets
All with as perfect form as I could. Core tight, touching chest to ground each rep, arms to lock out.

Postby austin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Cardio: Long slow dev
Jog 0.5 mile
walk 0.5 mile back

Jog; 7:32, jogging 75% of the time (walked to rest)
total time 18:13

Not bad, I say. Considering I havent ran for health in months. AND the majority of the jogging was uphill in a national forest.

Postby austin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 pm

It's been too long! SORRY!

2 Pull ups
6 Push ups
10 Squats

Pull ups were on rings, so Im not 100% how my form was. Skipped D1 because it can be a bit daunting unless you've had some recent practice with 20 mins of cardio, which I havent lol. It's also my wednesday night, in my workweek.

Attempt at metcon
5, 1min on, 1min rest rds of 65lb SDHP(rows) for reps:
rd1: 17
r2: 15
r3: 17
r4: 14
r5: 11

HOOOOOOOLLEEEEE CRAP that was a lot harder than I imagined. Dont get the wrong idea guys, Im not nixing the 45lb version of sdhp because I think Im a badass or anything. I bought a set of 6, fixed-weight barbells for $100 off of craigslist a few months back. The guy told me they ranged from 65lb-145lb. Instead of interchangable weight plates, each bar is preloaded with a small, approx 6 inch diameter metal cylinder; the longer the cylinder, the heavier the barbell is. Dont know what the cylinders' are made of, hopefully not lead. I think I should probably get them all weighed so I can know what Im lifting before I get to the heavier ones, huh?

Postby austin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm

L1d1 last nite. 37 rds. used chin ups because i cant seem to get my chin over the bar many times w pull ups. attempted to follow up w l.s.d. 600 rope jumps. around 300 my right calf cramped so bad and quickly, i fell on the garage floor. stretched a lot, completed the 6. Im limping around work trying to stretch it out.

Postby austin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 am

L1d1 45 rds! Good pull ups too, no chin ups. 600 lsd rope jumps took abt 12 minutes w lots of stretching between sets of 100.

Postby austin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 am

L1d2! 5rds for form: 2 pullups 6 pushups 10 squats pullups were great except last set. pushups great. my squat flexibility needs work. cardio: 10 descending sets burpees, 1 min rest between sets except last 2 sets. time: 12:55.

Postby austin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:49 am

L1d1 48 rds pr!!! 600 rj's 10:48 pr!!

Postby austin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 pm

0.5 mile light jog. stopped for calve cramp.'s l1d1: 9 9 6 6 15 max l1d1 adv 5rds 1 pullup 1hspu 1 o.l.s. hspus need balance and strength. Ols' need flexibility and balance.

Postby austin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Lots of wods to report.

5rds for form:
2 pull ups
6 push ups
10 squats

good form and range of motion on all.

10 descending sets of burpees for time. 1 minute rest between sets.
Time: 10:31 pr

2-lap hobergs loop walk (mostly steep uphill)
time: 44:24

Postby austin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:54 pm

5 rds
1 pull up
1 dip (rings)
1 o.l.s.

Pull ups were fine.
Ring dips were better than expected. Probably had poor range of motion, but not bad considering im hoisting 234 lbs up and down.
O.L.S.'s better than expected as well. Think i got the form down. Used rings for assistance with balance mostly. Flexibility still not great.

Cut WOD short. It was late at night 12:30am. Spent time with the gf earlier in the evening and had work the next day.

Postby austin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 pm

for time:
10 pull ups (goal was 3,3,3,1) (got 3,3,2,2)
21 push ups (goal was 8,8,5 got it)
21 squats (goal was 13,8 got it)

Time was 4:42. But it was a fail in my book. I recall last time I went deep into simplefit, on my test day's if i got all the reps to as close to the same numbers expected in the next level's day 2 and under the rx'd time, i'd have no problems with the next level. If I did not pass that d3 by those standards, the next level would be more of a stalemate and I'd have to stay on that level for a couple weeks minimum. Concluding, I think I'll stay on level 1 next week.

Had to cut all the other wod parts out that day. A) it was snowing outside and freezing cold in the garage. B) my new room mate kept coming into the garage to do laundry and talk to me. C) I had to get to class. More either in the next couple days or on friday (my monday).

Postby austin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:55 pm

1 Pull up
2 push ups
3 squats
rds; 42

rest of the wod was cut short due to late night, had to be at work an hour earlier than normal the next day.

Return to workouts