Simplefit.org • View topic - robbiew's log

robbiew's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

pain & frustration

Postby robbiew » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes brother, the constant nagging pain every time you train..you know only too well the frustration of it all!

Train safe! :wink:
robbiew

belated return!!

Postby robbiew » Fri May 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Back again trying to pick up where i left off due to niggling injuries!

I did a 5 min warmup before doing L6D1.

Lots of blowing towards the end..fair bit of sweating but i managed to complete 23 rounds without any discomfort! Although i'll wait and see how i feel tomorrow before i get too excited! :-)
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Sat May 15, 2010 5:41 pm

A little over 24 hours since I did the workout, apart from a little muscle soreness on my upper arms, lats and shoulders, I have no pain in my elbows! This time around I will listen to my body...if I start getting pains other than muscle soreness I shall let my body recover and not train through the pain.

No pain no gain certainly didn't work for me!!!
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 pm

I gave myself a couple of days rest before I started L6D2....

Rnd 1: 1min 14 secs 1 min rest

Rnd 2: 1min 14 secs 1 min rest

Rnd 3: 1min 14 secs 1 1/2 mins rest...started to have difficulty with the pullups!

Rnd 4: 1min 18 secs 1 1/2 mins rest..dropped off the bar for a second before finshing the last pullup; also started to struggle with the pushups.

Rnd 5: 1min 24 secs....did a seconds rest/pause off the bar with the last 2 pullups, had to pause half way through the pushups too.

Total time = 6 mins 24 secs.

Quite pleased with what I did tonight especially as I didn't do any kipping on the pullups!
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Since I joined Simplefit last year I've lost around 22lbs, most of it was around my middle! This has meant I've gone down a couple of trouser sizes. Whilst I had my enforced absence from Simplefit due to niggling injuries, I did a lot of bodyweight circuits which I found on the net such as this one I did tonight...it's called the "Crazy 8 Body Weight Circuit" by Craig Ballantyne. I did 2 circuits with a minutes rest between circuits, no rest between exercises!

The routine is:

1. 60 Jumping Jacks: Done as fast as possible.

2. 15-20 Spiderman Pushups:

3. Walking Lunges: 20 steps total.

4. Spiderman Climb: 20 of these (10 per side)

5. Wall Squat: Do for 45-60 seconds. I held my hands out in front so I didn't rest them on my legs which makes the exercise easier!

6. Planks: Do for 60 seconds.

7. 5 Burpees: Do a full pushup at the bottom and explode as high as possible into a jump!

8. High Knees: Done as fast as possible. Do 50 total, counting when your right of left leg hits the ground for 25.

Nice workout before bed :)
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Did a 5 min warm up then L6D3....

Pullups - 7/5/3/5/3/3/3/3

Pushups - 26/20/10/11...did a few extra!!

Squats - completed them without a break.

The squats weren't a major difficulty...felt the burn on the last 10. The pullups were difficult, my arms weren't responding at all. The same with the pushups..I can do 40 on a good day..today wasn't it!!

Total time= 8mins 2secs.

Disappointing time I feel but it just wasn't right today!
I'm away on holiday from Saturday for 2 weeks (I'll be celebrating, or rather be getting depressed that it's my 50th birthday whilst there!)..the hotel has a gym, just hope it has a pullup bar! I"ll probably drop down to level 5 again then do level 6 the following week. I'm not gonna try and rush through the levels this time like I did before...I don't plan on getting tendonitis again!
robbiew

Postby Neilfenstein » Thu May 20, 2010 4:26 am

Hi, about the crazy 8 excercise routine you posted before, do you do this as well as simplefit? the way you explained it was while you were forced to stop simplefit.

Is it in your opinion too tough for someone on level 2 simplefit?

I would like to find an indoor/garden cardio workout like the one you posted that I can do on non simplefit days to boost my fitness level and overall cardio capability. I keep meaning to run but I am not very good at it and keep finding reasons not to go!! However I don't want to ruin my Simplefit routine!!

Any advise you may have would be great!

Awesome achievement being on level 6 man I cant wait to to be that good!!
Neilfenstein

Postby robbiew » Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am

Hi,

I always do some bodyweight circuits on non SF days, too lazy to go running so they're ideal for me. I can only plod when I'm running so it doesn't do me any good!

I'll post some more circuits I use so you can try them out...good to vary your workouts anyway. As for the super 8 workout, you can try it but reduce the numbers...30 jumping jacks; 10 spiderman pushups etc, until you get used to it. The routines are good because they dont tend to interfere with my SF stuff..still got enough strength the next day.

I've always tried to keep fit , but one thing I never try to master was the pullup..until I found SF. It is an awsome exercise and the sense of acheivement you get when you can do one from a dead hang is fantastic!

You'll get to level 6 and beyond before you know it..never thought I would, still got a way to go but you need challenges in life!

Keep it up :wink:
robbiew

circuits

Postby robbiew » Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 am

Here's a workout I do often...3 circuits. 1 minute rest between circuits!

Pull up X 5
Push up X 15
Burpee X 15
Jump Squat X 15
Core 15 X (reverse crunches or leg raises on pull up bar)
Burpee X 15
Box Jump X 15
Mountain climber X 15
Dips X 10

This workout is hard on the legs...and lungs!!
robbiew

Postby Neilfenstein » Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice, I tried the crazy 8 tonight I only did 1 round I didn't want to ruin my D3 tomorrow but it felt good and worked well (read I was pooped from just 1 round).

I didn't read the other workout you posted until after I did the crazy 8. I think that the other workout would be a bit much for me at this stage between SF days. I try not to do pull ups and push ups during the simple fit routine. I tried to do the Simplefit exercises Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so I may try your work out on the saturday after D3 so I still have the Sunday to recover. Although I'll have to Google some of the exercises to find out how to do them lol!! :D

The crazy 8 and the other bodyweight workouts that Craig Ballantine suggests (I looked him up) are exactly the sort of thing I'm after too, I find it difficult to get sorted to go out for a run etc and that is why I have been so dedicated to Simplefit as I have to go home from work and find I feel obliged as it is right there so I cant avoid it. I am hoping that over the coming weeks I can build up my cardio and bump up the fat loss to try and move on up the Simplfit levels. I just needed something to compliment Simplefit not hinder it!!

Once again thanks!!
Neilfenstein

Postby robbiew » Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Having a very wet but nice time in the Dominican Republic..and the hotel has a gym with a pullup/dip station...hurrah!

Haven't been doing the SF workouts but circuits of..

25 jumping squats
20 lunges 10/leg
Pullups 1 below failure
Pushups 1 below failure
Inverted rows 1 below failure
Dips 1 below failure...5 min warm up on stationary bike first then a dip in the pool and a beer....this is the life :-)))
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Sat May 29, 2010 8:04 am

Went for a run along the beach this a.m. before I went to the gym...it's too hot for me to train later in the day. Training every other day...tis very nice :D
robbiew

Postby robbiew » Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 am

Didn't go for a run this a.m.....rain too heavy!

Did 5 min warm up on static bike..ladders of pullups, pushups, dips, reverse crunches 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 then same circuit as before.

50th birthday tomorrow....shit, where's all those years gone!!!!!! :?
robbiew

Re: robbiew's log

Postby robbiew » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

I would like to wish everyone a happy New Year and hope you all achieve your Simplefit goals. My aim is to stop flitting in and out of here and stay with the program :oops:

Here's to 2011 :wink:
robbiew

Re: robbiew's log

Postby Jonathan22 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:56 am

Happy New Year to you too. Thanks for posing the extra circuits.
Jonathan22
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to workouts