Simplefit.org • View topic - Higher levels are you mastering them?

Higher levels are you mastering them?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Higher levels are you mastering them?

Postby visionteacher » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:55 am

I was looking ahead at the higher levels, and I just can't imagine them. Level 8?? 50 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 squats in less than 5 minutes? You've got to be in the top 1% at that level. Are there people here doing that? Are you kipping through the pull ups? Anyone do it dead hang? How long does it take for people to get up into the higher levels? I'm on level 2 right now, probably need one more week, before level 3. I just started this week. Thanks for the info, I'm loving it so far, though I think I'm going to need to find another pull up solution than the door gym if I have any designs of kipping. Its not high enough, and doesn't feel stable enough, if I do everything dead hang though, I guess that is better, but it'll be much slower too.

~Mickey
visionteacher

crazy, I know

Postby smooth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 am

Just finished my second week at L7. It took me 14 weeks to reach that point with two rest weeks working at lower levels.

http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1316&start=0

It's staggering to think of L8 -- it's an incredible amount of work. I'm sure there are folks that have reached or have completed it.

As for kipping, I've been doing dead-hangs all the way through L5. Starting in the L6 weeks, I noticed that I had developed a natural (or unnatural) sway to my pull-ups. Fatigue? Additional strength? Not sure. I remember trying kips early on and discovered that I just didn't have the strength to do them. I try to do dead-hangs as much as possible, but the drive to shave seconds off makes it appealing to attempt.
smooth

Postby visionteacher » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:29 am

Hey congrats on that! I'll be following your logs for sure.
visionteacher

thanks

Postby smooth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 am

Thanks -- I tend to just edit my first post in the logs, so it appears that I don't check in that often. Edits don't make the post updated so my log drifts down the page.

Good luck with your workouts -- I hope you find SimpleFit as enjoyable as I have found it.
smooth

Return to fitness training