Simplefit.org • View topic - Newbie

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello everyone, i found this site thru marks daily blog and im really interested in trying this out. I think i have been working myself too much and too hard and im not getting anywhere. I have been doing my own workout i made at home in the mornings and it consists of compound movements like squats with dumbells shoulder raise, lunges with bicep curls, pushups etc. I do each exercise for 1 min rest 30 sec then 1 min of cardio, jumping jacks, jumprope, jogging in place, boxing, etc. Its a great workout but i have been doing this 5 times a week about 40 to 50 min each session. 2 days a week i focus on upper body, shoulders, biceps, back etc still with the cardio in between each set. I am thinking of trying the simplefit routine to shorten things a bit and to give myself a little bit of a break from working out so much. I am also doing JUDDDD right now as well so this will work with my eating routine very nicely.

My problem right now is that i dont have a pull up bar. I will go on ebay and buy one but until then what can i do to sub? Dips, lunges ?????
Im gonna start on monday i guess since its the middle of the week and still do my norm for the rest of the week this week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and any advise on the workout i have been doing would be nice too. I enjoy what i have been doing but im just thinking i was doing it too many days a week, too long, maybe too much cardio mixed in, maybe shorter bursts exerting more energy to make it more like HIIT? I dont know. I am pretty obsessive about working out but it seems like things arent really working too well. I have gained some muscle in my upper body and lower body doing my routine but im not losing body fat. I weigh 140lbs and am 5'7". I have lost 125lbs eating lc and have maintained for about 5yrs. I have been working out in some way or another the whole but still have excess skin on my thighs, butt, and tummy. I know i cant get rid of all of it but i would it to go down some more and i would like to lsoe about 5lbs.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated.
itsmeshelly1

Re: Newbie

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:17 pm

do body rows
Admin
Site Admin

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:53 am

But you dont have to have something to do body rows too? Like a bar or something? Right now i dont have anything i can use to be able to do that. I have dumbells...thats it. I wont start til monday with this program so between now and then ill see what i can find, maybe academy or something. I'm kinda broke, have a baby shower coming up for my daughter and thats taking everything ive got right now.
itsmeshelly1

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:58 am

put some rope over a tree limb
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ruli » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am

if there was a "Like" button as on FB, i would definitely have used it on the above post!
Ruli

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks for the input. I dont do anything outside that early though. No trees close by here either. I will just do the dips for now. I will be getting a bar very soon though. I want to do the routine to its full extent. I cant wait to see how bad i do on pullups!!! LOL i can only do about 12 - 15 pushups in 60 sec right now. I have trouble doing squats without weights. I'm so used to using dumbells either at my side or doing a shoulder exercise with it that i have trouble wondering what to do with my arms. Do you just have them at your side or bring them out straight in front of you?
itsmeshelly1

Postby cheapo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

cheapo

Return to fitness community