Simplefit.org • View topic - ommmmaggie's log

ommmmaggie's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

ommmmaggie's log

Postby ommmmaggie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 am

L1D1 I did 19 rounds, with assisted pull-ups on the Gravitron (80 lb assist, I'm 154 lb).

L1D2 I completed my 5 rounds in 4:33, subbing horizontal body rows (6 instead of 2) for pull-ups and doing girlie push-ups. I feel like I'm at too low a level for how assisted/subbed/girlie I am, but I can't do Level 1 unassisted yet. Is it okay to be at this level? Or am I too weak for SimpleFit???
ommmmaggie

Re: ommmmaggie's log

Postby trapperjohnme » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 am

no are not to weak for it. we all have to start somewhere. Keep doing what you are doing, you will be suprised how fast you will be able to do unassisted pullups and full pushups.
trapperjohnme

Postby ommmmaggie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for the encouragement!
ommmmaggie

Postby Neilfenstein » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:50 am

I substituted for body rows starting almost vertical with a towel on my pull up bar. I slowly moved my feet forward through the door over time to make it harder. I then bought adjustable rings for my pull up bar and lowered until I was doing horizontal body rows. I found horizontal body rows were what really helped to do pull ups, but I would also try and do some negatives as well.

It took me a long old while to get a single pull up. Don't be disheartened, even with just substitutions and grit and determination on Level 1 I saw massive weight and body composition change, it is all well worth it. I am now on week 32 and I am in the same situation of struggling but at level 4 lol!

Good luck!
Neilfenstein

Postby ommmmaggie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks, Neilfenstein. What are negatives?
ommmmaggie

Postby Ruli » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 am

you jump up and grab the pull-up bar, using your momentum from the jump to pull yourself up. once you're chest is against the bar, you lower yourself very, very slowly. so in stead of pulling yourself up, you must fight gravity when lowering yourself.

i trust my explanation make sense!
Ruli

Return to workouts