Jefferson's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Jefferson's Log

Postby Jefferson » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Wednesday September 1, 2010
L1D2
Week #4

I managed 5 sets in 4:59. I'm really pleased with that since I was doing three jumping pull ups for each set instead of one. I still can't say that I have a true pull up under my belt, but I think it's coming soon.

Simplefit is awesome!
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Friday September 3, 2010
Week #4
L1D3

Total Time: 5:34

That's not too far off of the 5 minute mark considering I'm still doing three jumping pull ups to one regular pull up.
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Monday September 6, 2010
Week #5
L1D1

Total Sets: 20

I improved last week's number of sets by three, so I'm pleased with that. I'm so close to doing a real pull up that it's kind of frustrating. I did make a new milestone, however. I've never actually stuck fully to any workout program for a full month. Today was the start of a full month. I'm back eating primally after a couple of weeks of stress eating due to the start of school (I'm a teacher), so I'm hoping that I will drop some more weight and my strength-to-weight ratio will improve.

A couple of current stats:

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 220

That's pretty darn hefty and I have a long way to go, but there was a time when I weighed 245. There would have been no way I could have done anything resembling a pull up back then. Thanks again Cheapo for turning me on to Simplefit.

And for anyone who's looking for a diet solution, Marksdailyapple.com is a great place to start.
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:12 am

Wednesday September 8, 2010
Week #5
L1D2

Total time: 4:14

That's a pretty big improvement over last week. Part of the reason I was able to speed it up is that I was happy enough with my first two pull ups in the first set that I counted them as full pull ups. They weren't exactly pretty, but they were ACTUAL PULL UPS. Once again, Simplefit ROCKS!

Hopefully I can get more of them in a row and I can get that D3 time down under five minutes so I can move on to L2.
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:40 am

Friday September 10, 2010
L1D3
Week #5

Total time: 5:59

I managed to do two full pull ups, followed by 24 jumping pull ups. I've started switching back and from from pull ups to chin ups, trying to make sure to work as many muscles as I can. I'm still amazed at the progress, and really proud that I've now stuck with something for five whole weeks.

It's currently Saturday and I'm catching up on posting my workout from yesterday. I was out in my garage (where I workout) earlier and I decided to mess around with my weight bench for a bit. I haven't lifted weights in several months, since well before I started Simplefit. Before, I was using 95lbs to bench, including the 45lb bar and 25lb barbells. Today, I decided, just for fun, to take off the 25s and replace them with the 45 pounders. If my math is correct, that's 135lbs, or an increase of 40lbs. I was able to do three sets of five without too much trouble. This was after doing a couple of pull ups on my bar. I think my max could be a fair amount higher than that. I managed to add 40 or more pounds to my bench press without even touching a weight bench. How cool is that? Simplefit is so awesome.

I really want to get to where I can do more pull ups now so that I can begin to progress up the levels!
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 am

I'm way behind on my workout logs. I've kept up with doing the workouts themselves, I just haven't logged them. I'm going to spend the next little bit catching up! Thanks for staying tuned and being patient with me.
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 am

Week #6

Monday September 13, 2010
L1D1
Total Sets - 21

Wednesday - September 15, 2010
L1D2
Total Time - 3:30

Friday - September 17, 2010
L1D3
Total Time - 5:28
Jefferson

Postby Jefferson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 am

Week #7

Monday - September 20, 2010
L1D1
Total Sets - 25

My wife decided to be a bit competitive today, which helped me push for that last couple of sets.

Wednesday - September 22, 2010
L1D2
Total Time - 3:28

My pull ups are coming along nicely. I still have to switch to jumpers after a couple of pull ups. I think I should be bale to move to L2 after Friday's workout.

Sunday - September 26, 2010
L1D3
Total Time - 3:10

I made it in under 5 minutes! I managed the first six pull ups before switching to jumpers and doing 12 more. I will start on L2 tomorrow. I managed to get busy and get behind on my days. I'm 2 days late, but I get D3 in before the end of the week.
Jefferson

Previous

Return to workouts