Simplefit.org • View topic - simpleFit Android App Work in Progress!

simpleFit Android App Work in Progress!

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

simpleFit Android App Work in Progress!

Postby epicfail1215 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 am

Hi everyone, I have been wanting to learn how to develop android apps and I thought a great place to start would be a simple simpleFit app. So far I have developed the framework for the three days but it is still fairly buggy and the biggest part, logging progress, has yet to be started. I'm 17 and this is my first android app (and nearly my first foray into programming) so the code itself is probably fairly clunky but so far I think it looks pretty nice. Here are some screenshots:

DayOne.png

This is the Day One screen, you enter in a rep goal and there will be a timer which counts down from 20 minutes, the rep button is pressed when you complete a rep and the log below shows the rep time as well as the time off (negative for beating average, positive for going over) for that rep.

DayTwoRep.png

Day two asks you to enter in a break time and then shows a stopwatch which counts up. When the rep is completed, one presses the rest button and a countdown timer showing rest time is displayed as well as lap time is shown below.

DayThree.png

Day three is a simple stopwatch with laps displayed below.

I can provide some more screenshots in a later post or as links.
To do:
-LOGS! This is by far the most important thing I have to do, as I said, I'm just starting app development so if anyone else out there develops apps and wants to help, please post or pm me!
-Choose level and display it before workout begins
-Make UI look nicer, more streamlined
-Match the green color to the simpleFit green, I was too lazy to take a screenshot of the page, open photoshop, and find the hex value of the color from the site =P
-And of course, work out bugs

If anyone wants to collaborate on this please feel free to ask, there is no way my code is the most efficient or streamlined, and this is more a learning experience for me than anything. Comments/Questions/Suggestions are hugely appreciated =D
epicfail1215

Re: simpleFit Android App Work in Progress!

Postby GaTo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm

How about one for the iPhone?
GaTo

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:04 am

Nice work that looks cool!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby KaosStorm » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 am

While I'm not precisely versed in programming, I do appreciate the work you're doing man; keep it up!
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby twain155 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 am

Hi,

In response to GaTo I've been working on an iPhone version, started ages ago but had too much on at work, see the screenshots below,

Day 1 allows you to enter the number of reps and it calculates rep time, once running the 'clear' button dynamically changes to 'take a rest' this allows you to skip a rep and is reflected in the manual rep display, records total reps in a pop-up (either automated or manual if some reps were skipped)
Day 2 allows you to enter rest time in seconds, once running the 'clear' button changes to 'rep complete' button this instigates the rest time counter, during this the button shows 'skip rest' records individual rep times and total time in a pop-up
Day 3 is a simple time for recording total time

Also has some beeps built in for counting down to next rep or end of rest time.

Makes much more sense once you see it running in the flesh.

As mentioned by epic fall on his android app eventually I'd like to add the additional functionality he lists but I'm also new to coding so that may take a while.

Day1.png
Day2.png
Day3.png
twain155

Postby darthgall » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Both apps look great! I'd love to hear an update... particularly on the iphone one, since that's what I carry around...
darthgall

Return to fitness community