Simplefit.org • View topic - Benhamine's Log

Benhamine's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Benhamine's Log

Postby wwitzel3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice work. 3:22 improvement! that is awesome. Finish week 2 feels pretty good huh? Glad to be here doing this along side everyone. Looking forward to see how we improve next week.
wwitzel3

WEEK 3

Postby Benhamine » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:43 pm

WEEK 3
L1D1: 25 rounds

Hell of a workout. Arms are burning, covered in sweat, feeling awesome. 9 round improvement from last week and if I'd had better sleep this weekend I probably could have done more. Tiredness set in a little sooner than previously. Hey, though can't complain. IMPROVEMENTS!! WOOHOO! Still all supplemented pull-ups but they're feeling easier and so are the push-ups. Now that I've improved my form some on the squats starting to get a leg workout too. Very happy right now.

Sign of a good workout: http://imgur.com/oc08s

-Benhamine Out
Benhamine

Postby wwitzel3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 am

Awesome job! I am doing my L1D1 today, I drank a little too much yesterday to do it last night :)
wwitzel3

Postby Benhamine » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Started Week 2 of C25K and again I didn't feel like it was enough of a challenge. 2.3 mi in the allotted time. Going to try Week 3 Thursday. Started raining mid run and my running partner and I got drenched--v

http://imgur.com/FGQTD

Fun times though. Looking forward to beating my W1D2 PR tomorrow!

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby Benhamine » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 pm

L1D2 8:15

Almost shaved a minute off. That was hard. I almost pushed it off until tomorrow because I had wings as an impromptu dinner invite so I really wasn't feeling like working out and let me tell you right now I'm regretting the wings lol. Still glad I made myself do it. I probably could have done it faster if I hadn't indulged on today of all days, but hey again improvement. Very happy with the time. Now time to wash off the smell of sweat and wing sauce. Tomorrow I'm trying week 3 of C25K. I hope it's nice out so I can take the pup on another run. He seems to enjoy it almost as much as me! Until tomorrow:

-Benhamine out
Benhamine

Postby wwitzel3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice work! Good job sticking to it and not putting it off. Those habits form quick and I try my best to avoid skipping days (even if I drink too much on a Sunday LOL). Great job getting that extra minute. That's a huge improvement.
wwitzel3

Postby moizkader » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am

Great going, I can see I have some catching up to do!
moizkader

Postby KTG » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 am

Great improvement. Sticking at the routine is the where the real magic is. Picking up a big time gain is a bonus.
KTG

WEEK 3 COMPLETE

Postby Benhamine » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 am

L1D3: 6:27 (21 second improvement)

Week 3:
L1D1: 25 rounds
L1D2: 8:15
L1D3: 6:27

That was a good workout. 21 second improvement. Very happy with that. Going down on the negatives slower and feel like my form is improving. Push-ups felt immensely easier than last week. Was going down slowly then trying to push up as fast as I could. Didn't get my run in yesterday but going to go today after work. We'll see how my legs feel. I may stick with Week 2 1 more day rather than 3 if I'm a little sore from today.

-Benhamine
Last edited by Benhamine on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Benhamine

Postby wwitzel3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 am

Nice work! Great improvement. As for the running, I always try the next week before decided to stay at the same week for another round. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
wwitzel3

Postby Benhamine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 am

Started Week 3 of C25K yesterday on the treadmill (as it was a little bit too muddy for me to run outside). I was only able to go about 1.7 miles and I definitely got some burn in my legs. I may try week 4 tomorrow just to see if I can do it, but I'm probably going to end up starting the program at week 3. Looking forward to beating my L1D1 PR today when I get home from work!

-Benhamine
Benhamine

WEEK 4

Postby Benhamine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:55 pm

WEEK 4

L1D1: 22 rounds

I changed the way I was doing my neg pull-ups. I had previously just been going down to where I could stand. I didn't feel like my gains were improving as fast as they should so I looked up some videos to check out my technique and it appeared that people were going further down almost to arms completely extended. So I did it that way this time. I don't know if that's the correct technique or not but I don't think I could have done more than 22 rounds if I had 30 minutes to work with. My arms and energy were pretty much done after this workout. My times will probably all go down some this week as I transition technique but I'm hoping next week I can get close to my PR with previous technique (25 rounds). In any case I imagine not having to move my arms too much tomorrow will be nice.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby Dreaming » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

That sounds about right Benhamine - you basically want to excercise along the full range of movement from full extension to full flexion. While doing negs though just concentrate on getting the form in, try to do them as slow as possible, and get used to the movement. My hands were very painful from the grip at first, but this week I was able to do normal pulls at least for 5 sets of 1, then I had to go back to negs.

Also, well done on 22 rounds! Sticking at it is the key - and ending on a note where you don't feel acutely painful (e.g. sharp / stabbing) but pretty much unable to do anymore is perfect! More than that and you've probably done yourself a little injury and your recovery time might be a week or more, less than that and you are not hitting your potential.

Awesome :)
Dreaming

Postby Benhamine » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm

C25K: 1.89mi at 14'26" rate on Week 3 times

Could've gone further. I think I'm going to move to Week 4 Thursday.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby Benhamine » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

L1D2: 10:50

Yea...doing those negs correctly makes a world of difference. Had DOMS today (since 2 days ago) for the first time in a few weeks. Time also obviously went down (or not really now that I'm doing it correctly lol). In any case, I'm taking this week as a new start. Previous numbers don't count as they weren't done legit, so that'll make me feel a little better about myself. Not looking forward to D3...

-Benhamine out
Benhamine

PreviousNext

Return to workouts