Simplefit.org • View topic - Benhamine's Log

Benhamine's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Benhamine's Log

Postby Benhamine » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:01 am

robbiew wrote:When I first started Simplefit I never thought I'd ever do a pullup so I did negatives as most people suggested. They didn't work for me...I just suffered loads of discomfort in my biceps. I concentrated solely on horizontal pullups which eventually paid off for me. The biggest mistake I made was rushing to move up to the next level before I was really ready. All I achieved was shoulder pain and what I thought was terminal tennis elbow! Perfecting your form is more important than moving up asap...it aint a race! I hope take my own advice this time around!

Taking this advice to heart. As much as I'd like to move up I know it's not an overnight thing and doing it right will end up resulting in more gains than if I rush it and get injured. This is what I have to keep telling myself. My arms are a little sore from yesterday (since I did a little more than normal) but nothing that shouldn't clear up by tomorrow and definitely by Monday's workout.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby Benhamine » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:39 am

Did some yoga aimed at flexibility yesterday and I think I'm going to add that to my routine for Sundays. The eating didn't go so well yesterday what with it being the Super Bowl and all. I fasted until the game and then ate until I was full but it was all bad. Chips, spinach artichoke dip, honey bbq wings, etc. I figure it's a "holiday" and those types of events are going to be hard to avoid but also sparse enough it shouldn't mess me up too much. Put on a couple of pounds though, but should come off fairly quickly. Back at the paleo thing today. May do two workouts again today as Friday's double-workout didn't leave me as drained as I thought it was going to over the weekend. We'll see how much energy I have come lunch. I think my diet yesterday's left me in a bit of a slump. I feel like I'm going to pass out right now as I'm writing this.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

WEEK 6

Postby Benhamine » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 pm

L1D1: 18 Rounds

I definitely think that the bad food yesterday did me in today. The negs felt incredibly better than last time. Looks like the extra work on Friday plus the rest this weekend really helped. Sad with the number of rounds but that's what I get. Wednesday we'll see if we can do better.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby RadRobe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

Benhamine,

Great log. Keep up the progress! I have the same issues with pull ups. I'm doing horizontal pulls ups until I can do a real one. I read that you're supposed to do 3 supplemental pull ups for each regular one you would normally do, so I'm gonna try that out next workout.

Also, I've been doing paleo for a few months now. For me, cheating isn't a big deal, as long as I avoid gluten. Gluten just shreds my stomach and makes me feel crappy for almost a full day.
RadRobe

Postby Benhamine » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 am

Yea I really think it was my diet Sunday. That was the only thing different. I mean it was the same crap I used to eat (Paleo now for almost a month) but I just got tired too quick during my workout and then I was dead for the rest of the night. Ate dinner, read just a little and passed out at like 9. Feeling better this morning though so hopefully I can get through D2 of Week 6 in C25K this time.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby ButtSmack » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 am

Hey, if squats are too easy, you may want to consider doing vertical jumps touching a height on the wall or jumping at the top of the squat. Or you could do squat tuck jumps where you tuck your knees to your shoulders at the top of the jump.
ButtSmack

Previous

Return to workouts