Simplefit.org • View topic - Clay Davis' Log

Clay Davis' Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Clay Davis' Log

Postby Clay Davis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Clay Davis. I want to be healthy so my goal is to go from 223 lbs to 185-190 lbs. I'm going to start out doing knee pushups, full squats and wall pullups. As I get stronger I will go up the levels of Convict Conditioning.

Here's a link to wall pullups if you want to see what they are.

http://youtu.be/e5fdh9_kH_Y
Clay Davis

Re: Clay Davis' Log

Postby Rooket » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 am

Great goals, just don`t give up.
Rooket

Postby dolem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Hey, I'm working on dropping to about 190 too. Can you do 1 regular push-up? Because you could start with regular and then go to knees once you were done with those. Another thing you could try is negative pull-ups, here's some other types of assisted pull-ups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WvH8at_xJw
dolem

Postby Clay Davis » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:55 am

Rooket wrote:Great goals, just don`t give up.

Thanks. I've done that a few times but this time will be different.
Clay Davis

Postby Clay Davis » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 am

dolem wrote:Hey, I'm working on dropping to about 190 too. Can you do 1 regular push-up? Because you could start with regular and then go to knees once you were done with those. Another thing you could try is negative pull-ups, here's some other types of assisted pull-ups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WvH8at_xJw

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to be consistent across the board so I'm going to do just knee pushups. When I finish I'll move up to pushups. Part of the reason I'm starting at the exercises I am is because when I tried this doing pushups and pull ups using a resistance band my elbows were none too happy.
Clay Davis

Postby Clay Davis » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am

L1D1

20 Rounds
Clay Davis

Postby barefootkilt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am

Well done.
barefootkilt

Postby KTG » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 am

That's a very nice start! I think phasing in with the CC approach is a great way to do it. Consistency is the key and then you'll start to see real results. (Also, of course, diet is the real key to health and weight-loss).
KTG

Postby Clay Davis » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 pm

My coworker is moving to an apartment so she let me get her basketball goal. I spent about 15 minutes shooting around and doing layups. It was a good workout but my knees weren't too happy about it. It's probably because of my weight but I was playing in Vibram Five Fingers as well. I then switch to walking for 15 minutes. I live on a hill so coming up I can definitely feel it in my feet, calves and hamstring. My goal is to walk thirty minutes everyday.
Clay Davis

Postby Clay Davis » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm

barefootkilt wrote:Well done.

Thanks. I think this log will increase my chances of success.
Clay Davis

Postby Clay Davis » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

KTG wrote:That's a very nice start! I think phasing in with the CC approach is a great way to do it. Consistency is the key and then you'll start to see real results. (Also, of course, diet is the real key to health and weight-loss).

I'm trying to follow the Primal Blueprint. My cooking skills are lacking so that's more of a challenge than working out.
Clay Davis

Return to workouts