Simplefit.org • View topic - Berog's Log

Berog's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Berog's Log

Postby Berog » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:05 am

Hey guys and girls,

The name's Berog and I'm 19 years old. I currently attend university (studying Education) and work part time to pay for drinking money.

I've been doing bodyweight workouts for quite some time now, starting with those 100 pushup programs and progressing through to things like Convict Conditioning and basic gymnastic moves like static planche progressions and levers. I found Simplefit a while ago and stuck to it for a few weeks, but moved onto other things after a while.

Currently, I've become more interested in getting my pullup, pushup and squat reps up to the higher echelons. I would ideally like to be able to do 20 good form pullups, 100 good form pushups and 200 good form squats. As a secondary goal, It would be fun to try and beat the basic Simplefit program. I know guys like Cheapo have got pretty close (level 8 I believe?) but I would love to be one of the few to complete it.

I'll basically be doing day 1 on Monday, day 2 on Wednesday and day 3 on Friday. I won't be doing any supplementary training for the time being, because I want to give my body a decent amount of time to repair itself. I may start to add supplementary days once I reach the highest levels of the program, if I feel that I need them to progress.

Thanks for reading, and all the best with training.
Last edited by Berog on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berog

Re: Berog's Goals

Postby Berog » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 am

Tuesday 24/07/12
Level 5, Day 1
Rounds: 21
Notes: Started the program on a Tuesday, but I didn't want to wait until tomorrow so I decided to do Day 1 today. Body felt good but my cardiovascular endurance is pretty weak at the moment so I was taking a lot of breathing breaks. I think I'll beat the level 5 progression on Friday, but my endurance will need to increase to beat the higher levels.
Berog

Postby Berog » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 am

Wednesday 25/07/12
Level 5, Day 2
Time: 8:06
Notes: Worked out yesterday as well so I was feeling tired, especially in my quads, hamstrings and glutes. Didn't have to take any significant breaks in between rounds, although I likely could have pushed myself harder. I managed to bust out the last round at the fastest speed of any of the rounds, which really tells me that I should be pushing myself harder. Pullups are already starting to feel slightly easier for some reason. It was a good workout, but I will be looking forward to a full days rest tomorrow and to getting in some protein to help repair my sore muscles.
Berog

Postby Berog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Friday 27/07/12
Level 5, Day 3
Time: 8:07
Notes: Still feeling some DOMS, but not too much. Was honestly disappointed with this time as I thought I would be closer to the 5 minute mark. Pullups and pushups felt pretty difficult, but I was able to bust the squats out with almost no rest. Look like I'll be doing level 5 for the next week or two.
Berog

Postby Berog » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:41 am

Monday 31/07/12
Level 5, Day 1
Rounds: 24
Notes: Cardio is starting to improve as I felt less winded towards the start of this workout. Body felt fine, no injuries present. At the 23rd round, I felt like I was going to throw up, but I pushed through it and finished the 24th round exactly as the 20 minutes expired.
Berog

Postby Berog » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 am

Wednesday 1/08/12
Level 5, Day 2
Time: 5:47
Notes: Blasted through every round without even needing a break mid-round. Body feels good and my body has obviously started to adapt itself to this routine, seeing as this time is over 2 minutes better than last weeks attempt. I think I have a much better chance at a sub 5 minute time this week for day 3.
Berog

Postby Berog » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 am

Saturday 4/08/12
Level 5, Day 3
Time: 7:01
Notes: Went out for a night on the town yesterday so I didn't have an opportunity to do this on Friday. I didn't feel great today (due to all of the alcohol), but I still managed to beat my time from last week. I probably could have had a better time if my nutrition had been up to scratch. I also realise that I am posting these updates in the wrong subforum, and it would be cool if one of the moderators could move this topic to the correct place :). I think it would be best if I sent them a private message.
Berog

Re: Berog's Log

Postby KTG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 pm

It's great to see you here! Its particularly great to see your aspiration to take the L8 challenge. Keep posting so we can see how that is going. I think this is the right forum for updates on your progress.
KTG

Return to workouts