Simplefit.org • View topic - Kaos' log

Kaos' log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Kaos' log

Postby KaosStorm » Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 pm

41th week (May 14-18)

Notes: So, I decided to stop SimpleFit one week to decide whether or not I wanted to keep doing it every week or just one week on and one week off; the reason being that I'm currently at 160 Lb and I don't really want to keep losing any more weight lest I end up all sickly looking.
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KaosStorm » Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

42th week (May 21-25)

L5D1
12 rounds

L5D2
(0'57'', 0'54'', 0'54'', 0'57'', 0'56'')=2'78''

L5D3
--

Notes: I decided to do an every week routine but try to eat 5 times during the day (the usual 3 plus two fruit snacks, one in the middle of the morning and one in the middle of the day), because stopping just one week left me kinda week once I got back into training.

Of course, there is the bad news that my body row bar lost it's shape (wrong type of pipe) and so I was left without a way to finish my D3 routine completely (I did do the push-ups and sit-ups, though). With this in mind, I decided to see what else I could do to not stop SimpleFit, but forgoe the use of bars or any other equipment since some modifications in my house are keeping me from doing this freely.
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KaosStorm » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 am

This past few week, for a variety of reason, my workout schedule got all wonked off. On top of that, I start working full time, so I'm trying to find a moment to do SF while I get myself into a gym. I'll update my workout log tomorrow. :)
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KTG » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:54 am

Good plan! The weight has to come from diet, not from cutting back on exercise. There is no real gain in getting bigger if it is just fat.

If you can get focused on it, SF really only needs 20 minutes 3x per week. It doesn't need a gym if you have a doorway where you can put up a pull-up bar. Or find a park or school near you with a place to work on the pull-ups. Be sure that you are doing the squats.
KTG

Postby KaosStorm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey KTG, I headed to the gym mostly because I'm going for strenght training now. SF worked it's "magic" and I managed to get myself in shape, now it's mostly vanity. Therefore, for the time being, SF is a on a leave of abscense. :)
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KTG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 am

Very good. Check in here and there while you are building up!
KTG

Postby KaosStorm » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Of course! I will try to keep a log from my gym results. :)
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KaosStorm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Hey guys! So, right now I'm at 151 Lbs of weight and 13.6% of body fat. I'm not digging that much my low weight but hopefully with good training and eating I'll get to a comfortable place with it (and my muscle mass).

Just passing by to say hi and telling you about my new results. :)
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KTG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Great to get the update. As you get into your new routine I would be particularly interested to know which exercises you find that SF prepared you better or worse for.
KTG

Postby yahel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 am

KaosStorm wrote:Hey guys! So, right now I'm at 151 Lbs of weight and 13.6% of body fat. I'm not digging that much my low weight but hopefully with good training and eating I'll get to a comfortable place with it (and my muscle mass).

Just passing by to say hi and telling you about my new results. :)

Keep spaming :D
yahel

Postby KaosStorm » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:45 am

KTG wrote:Great to get the update. As you get into your new routine I would be particularly interested to know which exercises you find that SF prepared you better or worse for.

Cardio and arm/chest training is far easier than what I originally thought it would be after SF. I can honestly tell you that the hardest ones to perform are the ones that target the shoulders, such a pain in the behind.

Leg strenght are also pretty normal to do, but I always had better leg strenght than usual, so I don't know if SF had much to do with it.
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby mr_fro2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Are you doing any set program like starting strength or something like that? I'm curious what people move into after SF (although most seem to move into crossfit).
mr_fro2000

Postby KaosStorm » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 pm

mr_fro2000 wrote:Are you doing any set program like starting strength or something like that? I'm curious what people move into after SF (although most seem to move into crossfit).

Standard program provided by the gym: focused on two groups by day, three times a week. Each day I start with cardio, then abs, then the two muscle groups of the day (Mon with Chest/Biceps, Wed with Back/Triceps and Fri with Shoulder/Leg).

As for the workout themselves, they're pretty standard and consist of machine use/dumbell use; nothing out of the ordinary. Most of them are 10x4 reps, the only exception being abs which are 20x4.
KaosStorm
Advanced Member

Postby KTG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:32 am

Fantastic! You are really smashing the D2 and D3 workouts!
KTG

Postby Reed913 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

Kaos,

Reading thru your logs I saw you were doing body rows. Are you still doing them ? Do you sub. 3 for 1 pullup? My friend does rows and he has obtained some nice back development from doing them. I tried some the other day but trying to do them 3 for 1 slowed my time down especially on Day 1 then trying to get into pushup position, but that just may be me.

Reed
Reed913

PreviousNext

Return to workouts