Simplefit.org • View topic - JoJos Workout Log

JoJos Workout Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: JoJos Workout Log

Postby KTG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:26 am

Looks like it is going great, JoJo! Staying healthy and injury free is key. Good luck!
KTG

Postby JoJo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I'd just really like to get on that next level soon! Anyway, I'm a little behind on posting, but I have been keeping up with my workout. I was up about 10 seconds on day 2 and down about 10 seconds on day three. Back around to day 1 again:

Level 5 Day 1:
27 Rounds

Really happy to be moving in the positive direction again. Maybe now I can move to level 6 in a couple more weeks. On another note, my overall condition should be improving as I have found a new sport I am taking up: Dodgeball! The local trampoline park hosts dodgeball games on weeknights, so I hope to do that at least once a week. Thats right, its in a trampoline stadium thing! Its pretty cool, and its always great to have extra motivation to be in shape!
JoJo

Postby brmc72 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am

Awesome! Let us know how it goes...dodgeball sounds like a blast!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby JoJo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:34 am

Exciting news! Turns out my pullup strategy was only slowing me down. I maxed out on day 3, and I can do 17 pullups! Turns out thats fast enough that I was able to finish them and the other exercises in under 5 minutes. Thats right!

LEVEL 5 DAY 3
4:51

I'm moving on! Level 6 here I come. I'm glad too, cause day one and three are as hard as you make them, but day two felt too easy last week. On day two this week I did most of my rounds in less than 50 seconds. It was a good week, new personal bests on everything, and up to a new level.

On To Level 6
JoJo

Postby brmc72 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Man, 17 pull-ups...that's awesome! I can't seem to get past 10 in a row...I can do a few more if I do chin-ups instead, but as for straight pull-ups I'm usually below 10. Can't wait to see how you do on level 6. Congrats!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby JoJo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks for the encouragement, its always appreciated. I've always been strong on a first set of pull-ups, but I always have a strangely large fall off. My second set is always way lower. After 17, I couldnt do more than 3.

Level 6 day 1 I took slow and steady, so I did 22 rounds. Its not really a lot harder than level 5, but I know that day 2 and 3 will be a larger difference. I'm looking forward to day 2, cause level 5 day 2 was getting to be the easiest day, so its good to be cranking up the effort again.
JoJo

Postby browndog1986 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

Holy crap 17!!!!! thats ace most i've done is 12
browndog1986

Postby JoJo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 am

Well, its continuing to be a promising start to level 6, I was able to do it in about 5:30 not including breaks. I still only took 2 minute breaks instead of 3, I just cant sit that long. I was pretty happy with it, and I could still do all the reps. Push-ups got the hardest for me, the last 5 on the 5th set got pretty hard. At this point I'm starting to think that push-ups are my weak point, since I can pretty well keep up with the pull-up requirements. Still, it will probably take more than half my 5 minutes to do the pull-ups, so I dont know. I'll just book it like last time and see what happens.
JoJo

Postby brmc72 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 am

Yup, that's all you can do...pull, push and squat and see what the clock says at the end. Nice work!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby JoJo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 am

Got a little behind on posting, but I'm still working out.

Level 6 Day 3:
6:05

I was pretty happy with that, just over a minute to chop off there before I can move on again. I still found the 6 extra pull-ups to be the hardest, the difference in push-ups and squats was not a huge deal. I did it Sunday night after riding in the car a couple hours (visiting family), so I feel like I could have done a little better if I had just been chilling at home that day. I'll be home this next weekend, so we'll see what happens.

Level 6 Day 1
25R

I'm happy with that too. Again, despite the fact that the pull-ups stay the same as level 5, they remain the hardest part of this program. Still, Im pretty much at-level with what I could do on level 5, so I'm real happy with this.
JoJo

Postby KTG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 am

Very nice! That's great progress on Level 6. I'm really impressed how quickly you are moving through this level.
KTG

Postby JoJo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks KTG! Its going pretty well I think. After a few weeks of setbacks at the last level, its really nice to feel like I'm in the groove. What I love about this program is the competitive drive it gives me to come back and one-up myself each and every week. It keeps me coming back for more. I'm happy to say that I got back under a minute per round for day 2:

Day 2, Level 6
4:49

Well, actually I did have one round that was exactly one minute, but I got the rest in 3-4 seconds under. It felt good, and they were all good solid reps. I love this stuff! Day 3 tomorrow!
JoJo

Postby JoJo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 am

Level 6 Day 3
5:49

I was hoping for a little more, but its not bad. I worked out in the morning and I think I could really feel the difference from the time I'm used to, which is late afternoon after work. You guys probably know how it feels, sometimes even a faster time just doesnt "feel" as good as the time before. Also, I think I've learned that I work out best on an empty stomach. I tend to eat 3 square meals a day most days (I'm a faster), and I usually work out about 6 hours after the meal before. Doing it different didnt work great for me. Just some observations.
JoJo

Postby JoJo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:40 am

Level 6, Day 1
27 rounds

+2 rounds over last week. Felt pretty good, I tried to avoid any lengthy breaks and just keep moving. All my pull-ups were clean, it all went pretty smoothly. I'm glad to hit 27 because it ties my best from level 5. Feeling good.
JoJo

Postby KTG » Fri May 03, 2013 6:00 am

Terrific! I agree about the natural motivation built into the program. It also helps me to focus on some intermediate goals, such as getting the D2 rounds under 1min.
KTG

PreviousNext

Return to workouts