Simplefit.org • View topic - Xavier's Log

Xavier's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Xavier's Log

Postby xaviertx1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi everyone!

Just joined and love the simplicity of this workout. I've been doing strictly calisthenics for the last three years, but I've been waaaay too all over the place. The structure and straighforwardness of simplefit is refreshing to say the least. I saw a pic of cheapo on mark's apples and that's an impressive transformation. It led me here and now I'm going to try it for myself.

I should mention (and this is probably me overthinking things- but nothing is new there), I'm substituting dips for pushups. Of course dips are harder and they're kind of the opposite of pullups. So my dip numbers will mirror the pullup numbers, not the pushups numbers.

Example:

L1, D1:
1 Pullup
2 Pushups
3 Squats

Mine will instead look like:

L1, D1:
1 Pullup
1 Dip
3 Squats

L1, D1 : 36 Rounds

Surprisingly a little more challenging than I was expecting. My legs are poopy and my cardio isn't any better, so I think that's where the challenge was. Not too strenuous, but harder than I was expecting.

Just some general stats about myself
25 years old
5'10"
160ish lbs
xaviertx1

Re: Xavier's Log

Postby xaviertx1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 am

Man, I'm am waaaay sorer than I thought I would be, after L1, D1. Speakings of DOMS: here's a cool article I found.

http://www.myosynthesis.com/articles/doms-muscle-soreness

Biggest things I got from it: DOMS don't necessarily indicate muscle growth. And for optimal muscle gain, vary the intensities of your workouts (don't blast your body every time you workout)..... which Simplefit seems to do quite well.
xaviertx1

Re: Xavier's Log

Postby xaviertx1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm

W1 D3: 4:43

Again, really surprised how taxing this was. My cardio is really really bad. But anywho... week 2.
xaviertx1

Return to workouts