Simplefit.org • View topic - simplefit levels

simplefit levels

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

simplefit levels

Postby fitman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 am

Hey guys

How are you all getting on with the programing?

I have been lifting weights recently and have moved back away from them. I wad using a slower cadence and avoiding most of the discomfort I occasionally felt in my lower back and shoulder but moving the wrights around and loading ullo the bars is rime consuming and more problematic is the space I work out in.

How did you all figure out which level to start on

I have to run a shortened week this week but started on week 4. I know I can complete levels 5 and 6 but thought I should start below my current best level.

I ran week four day 1 for 10 minutes today due to time constraints.
I managed 21 rounds + 2 pullups and 4 pressups in 10 minutes.

I should have managed more but I started out at a deliberately slow pace and sped up nearer the end.

Fitma
fitman

Re: simplefit levels

Postby chongtxtx » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Wow no replies. I started out L1D1 even though I am sure I could have jumped to level 6 or higher. I really just wanted to make sure my joints and tendons could handle the thousands of reps that were about to be thrown at it. I am still pretty new to simplefit but have always loved calisthenics.
chongtxtx
Advanced Member

Postby Julesvn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 am

chongtxtx wrote:
> Wow no replies. I started out L1D1 even though I am sure I could have
> jumped to level 6 or higher. I really just wanted to make sure my joints
> and tendons could handle the thousands of reps that were about to be thrown
> at it. I am still pretty new to simplefit but have always loved
> calisthenics.

Then how long did you spend on each level?
Julesvn

Postby Polyphemus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Spending a week at each level is not a huge demand for starting a new activity. Even if the first few weeks aren't exactly pushing your limits, there's still getting familiar with the setup, location, scheduling etc.

I'm starting at the bottom, which seem pretty easy. But I'm 58 and don't want to set up any irritation that could be a problem later. I'm doing very intense kettlebell 'met-con' stuff too, and still figuring how to integrate without overtraining or getting lazy.
Polyphemus

Postby DR03K » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:35 am

Starting from the beginning also gives you the sense of micro achievements. If you jump straight in at the higher level and fail to make the standard it can be a bit disheartening.

End of the day if you embrace SF as a new way of life, whats 2 to 4 weeks on the general scheme of things?

I pretty much jumped through the levels, even added modifications such as diamond pushup and close grip pullups ... got burnt out very quickly!

My next cycle of SF is to take the intelligent approach, getting as much out of each level as possible. Taking day 2 for instance, instead of doing it rushed for time, I'll work on form, nice slow tempo... however, deviating away from the system I shall not! (This time) ... ;)
DR03K

Postby Julesvn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks for the info.

I have some more questions please.

So you can work your way from the bottom up using 'If the workouts take longer than 30 minutes or less than 5 minutes, decrease or increase your level, respectively' as a gauge?

Does that apply to days two and three since day one is set at 20 mins?

Before discovering SF I was doing 8 sets of 5 pull ups, 15 squats, 10 push ups and 5 chin ups every second morning at pretty easy pace.

Still wanted to keep the load up and have an element of challenge and something to work toward so I dove in at level 7 about three or four weeks ago and have seen gradual improvement in my times but nowhere close to finishing days 2 & 3 in under 5 minutes.

How do you choose the level to stay at? Do you for example choose one where you can complete days 2 & 3 in about 6 minutes, wait till you hit them in under 5 and move on or, the other end of the spectrum, choose a level where you do days 2 & 3 in 30 minutes and keep at it until you've reach the 5 minute level?
Julesvn

Return to fitness training