Ok gonna get a bit more definitive here.
1. Maintain a stretching program daily throughout the summer. Basically I want to put a half-hour daily into it to improve my poor flexibility. This is going to be a passive exercise outside of my normal workout routine. I use the crossfit demo for stretching before doing the "WOD".
Going to start with 30 seconds each of
Hip flexors piriformis
2. Be on the Level five workout by end of August 2007. Or ready to move up.
3. Two days a week work on sprints and 1.5 mile run for fitness standards.
- One day of the week will essentially be intervels on the treadmill. Right now I'm beginning them at level 6 going up to level 8 during the sprints. Its one minute sprints and full recovery to bring heart rate below 120 then repeat.
---Secondary goal here is to bring the intervels up so I'm getting under 12 min during the 1.5 mile run.
-The other run day will be a straight 1.5 mile run at a moderately intensive pace. This day will be run dependent on how I'm feeling (fatigued, stressed, etc.)
4. Practice the Planche and Lever as part of warm-up to develop balance and coordination. Hopefully some strength too!
5. Each of the three days of the week going to do abdominals after the workout.
D1 3-4 sets of 30 second planks. I'll adjust this based on intensity if too easy
D2 3-4 sets of 30 situps
D3 3-4 sets L's 30 seconds. Goal here is to get legs fully extended. Hopefully stretching routine will improve that some.
Not sure if I will need to adjust abs down some if I'm too fatigued. I want some intensity but trying to avoid complete failure.
Ok so ultimate goal here is to maintain all of this throughout the summer. Pretty sure I'll be adjusting as I go and either adding or dropping things. Thats okay too. Any advice (as always) is much appreciated.