Simplefit.org • View topic - Xtina's log

Xtina's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Xtina » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 pm

I didn't post on Wednesday because I entered the time on the new log, but now I want to keep a record of it all here as well. So Wednesday was:

Week 9 L1 D2: 2.5 minutes
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:39 am

Good job!
volleyball_man

Postby Xtina » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:56 am

Day 3 was a fiasco. I forgot to get out a timer until after my first 10 body rows (subbing 3 for 1 now) so my time is an estimate based on how fast I did the next set of 10 rows.

Week 9 L1 D3: 3 min 15 sec.

I did about my first 20 body rows from an angle slightly less than zero (i.e. my feet were just slightly higher than my head). This resulted in me fudging a few rows until I remembered I could raise my angle. I got 30 rows in, but I don't feel good about 5 or 10 of them. Nevertheless, I'm quite sure it's time for me to move on to the next level with these body rows helping me out. I can definitely feel a different muscle group is tense right now than I usually notice, so I think this will be a positive change for a while. My legs are crying out for a new level, so it's time.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby ucffool » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Welcome to L2 with the rest of us bodyrow'rs!
ucffool

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:13 pm

Other cool stuff for you guys to try on your rings just start slow and be careful

http://www.ringtraining.com/pages/artic ... ushups.htm

same deal with pushing just adjust the angle to something doable and gradually increase
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:28 am

Verdict:
After taking the weekend off, I just don't feel like I should do my workout this morning. I'll wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to give my body a little extra time to heal and then I think I'll add weights to L1 instead of moving to L2 this week. The rings really are hitting new muscles and making a big difference, in which case I think some extra time at this level will be beneficial. I may choose to do my pushups on the rings too. You think that's a good plan, Kevin?
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:23 am

Sure, see how you feel. Its is always best to listen to your body.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:57 am

Ok, Guys, today I'm way behind. It's L1D1 instead of D2. I took Mon and Tues off due to lack of time. And I decided to give L1 another week with weights added to squats. Finally, I decided to try doing my pushups on the rings instead of on the floor. Let me know what you guys think about that...should I up the number I do?

I did 30 rounds today. I was slow compared to last week for several reasons -- mainly that I subbed three pull ups on the rings for one. Also I was focusing more on getting my form right than on doing it fast, I took several breaks for interruptions, and IT'S HOT! I did my squats while holding two 5-pound weights. We'll see how I feel in two days. I have to say I like doing pushups on the rings a lot more...I can dip farther down, which I can really feel on the front of my shoulder. I think that'll help me build more strength. However, this workout seemed really easy for me. Maybe it really is time to move to L2.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Xtina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 am

Week 10, L1D2
Approximately 5.5 minutes. I didn't get my timer out at the start so I have to estimate it.
That was doing 6 body rows, 10 push ups on rings and 10 squats with 10 extra pounds of weight.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Good job!

How'd the ring pushups go?
volleyball_man

Postby Xtina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Ring push ups! Yes. Hard and easy at the same time. It works my shoulders and chest muscles a lot more than regular push ups, yet somehow doesn't feel nearly as exerting. Strange. I wonder if I should increase the number I do. I guess I'll do that next week anyway, since I'm moving up to L2 or bust.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:33 pm

COOL!
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 pm

impressive, it usually knocks peoples numbers down by 1/3, great work!
Rings are sweet eah?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ucffool » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:37 am

Indeed, I'm impressed on your ring pushups. They really hurt my hands when I try, and my form goes to hell. I pretty much just play around with them, I can't do anything like I can on the ground. Maybe a core thing? awesome work.
ucffool

Postby Xtina » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:05 am

Wow...well, maybe I'm doing them wrong? To me it saves time between exercises because I just stand up from my body rows and kind of free fall into a forward angle and then do my push ups.

My hands hurt as well. Nathan made the "rings" out of a rough dowel hung from the ceiling with chains. I need to wrap mine with athletic tape. The first rule for me with using these rings is to take off my wedding ring. If I had it on, I'd have a major blister by now.

But yeah, maybe it is a core thing. I've always had a really strong core, which is strange since I've never been a fit person. I could do more sit ups in high school than any girl in my class, even the athletes. So it drives me crazy that I have this layer of fat over seemingly strong abs.
Xtina
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to workouts