Simplefit.org • View topic - Tonia's Log

Tonia's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Tonia's Log

Postby NatureDoc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:25 am

Ok soo... lets go...

[disclaimer: I find my self hilarious (and have been known to re-read my own emails, saying to myself, Tonia, that is funny stuff), so this mini novel (a novella, if you will) is mostly to entertain me while I log my funercise adventures here at simple fit, so if you're tracking me, you're gonna have to put up with my inner monologue.]

D1L1 (6/28/07): 28 rounds, 20 minutes, towel over the door, jump assisted pullups, slow on the eccentric, forgot/didn't realize to sub 3:1. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm only cheating mysefl. Full on push ups, elbows close to body. Oh yeah.

RUGGED SORE the next day, esp my triceps. And my abs!!! Which never never never happens. I can do ab work until the cows come home (and I don't live on or anywhere near a farm so this would be a wicked long time) and not feel a thing in my abs... even my intercostals are sore!!

D1L2 (6/30/07): total time: 22.44 (10:44 with out breaks). Pullups were properly subbed 3:1, and consisted of me discovering the shower door frame in the bathroom, which was square and awkward and by no means ideal, but managed to almost do one or two unassisted pullups. Push ups were full on elbows in, and happened with some serious exhalation. Squats were weighted.

Tada!

See you Monday Tonia (oh wait, that's me)
t
Last edited by NatureDoc on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:28 am

HAHA!!

Good work!

I started using planks to help me get my abs to stop lagging.
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:29 am

Great work and good to have you here!

http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=166 :P
Admin
Site Admin

Postby NatureDoc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am

L1D3: 7/2/07. First of all, happy belated birthday, Canada! Second of all, I'm pretty sure I was content academically "knowing" about those little muscles in the forearm, and didn't need to actually "discover" them in my own arm. So toady was test day. Woke up with a bit of anxiety. All this pressure! Ha! I had to do 30 poser-ups, which I did, after scheming for (2) days how to accomplish this task. Instead of jumping, or doing negatives, I decided to do something that would be neuromuscularly closer to my holy grail: The Pull-Up [showers yellow light infront of full choral accompaniement]. So I stood, one-legged, on the track of the shower door, and gripped the same akward, square, by no means ideal shower door frame, and focused on using my upper body strength to pull my poser chin up above the "bar" and lower myself back so my arms were fully extended. So yes, my foot never actually left the ground, but I was working, oh I was working. Maybe someday soon I'll take the training wheel (leg) off.

So the long and the short of it is: 11 minutes. On the dot. I like precision.

I'm out,
t
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby NatureDoc » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:07 pm

Biceps already sore from my "play" in the park play ground today, and I do not envy myself two days from now when the lactic acid levels in my muscles peak. The 2 and 3 year olds that were busy getting their slide on looked like they were having more fun than me dangling from the monkey bars "doing pull-ups." The grandpa asks me, "What are you training for?" I tell him a bit about this site, and how I'm training for me, and he chuckles and says, "Yeah nothing is as hard as pull-ups. Nothing. I can do everything else, but not pull-ups. Never pull-ups" Yeah, thanks for that. Well soon enough I'll show him, and more importantly I'll show me.

L1D1: 22 rounds in 20 minutes. (Less than L1D1 the first go round, because I subbed 3:1 this time.)

Then I helped some coppers find some guy they were looking for.

Then I spent four and a half hours walking and took a guestimated 28800 steps. Quite the day.

Lates,
t
ps... I'm proud of you, t
Last edited by NatureDoc on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby kscoach » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 am

i'm proud of you too. :D
kscoach

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:13 pm

I won't do the "Walk in the park" joke here. Wait - too late!

Keep pushing (and pulling :wink: )!
volleyball_man

Postby NatureDoc » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:08 am

Looking at me you'd think I just showered... woah... the sweat is relentless.

Soo... week 2, L1D1: 9:40 with a 2 minute break between rounds 3 and 4. Strength and endurance improving. EEEE!!

Back to the square shower frame today, still subbing my poser version for the real mckoy (sp?). Was a hair away from doing an actual, real-life, don't-need-to-sub-anything pull-up today!!!

Woah!

ok, showa time
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:41 am

Great work keep it up!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:02 am

You'll do it!
volleyball_man

Postby NatureDoc » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:07 am

And by "actual, real-life, don't-need-to-sub-anything pull-up" apparently I mean chin-up... because I've been doin' 'em supinated... grrr...

d'oh...
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby kscoach » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 pm

great job on the pullups, er chinups, lol. keep up the hard work, and you'll be banging them out like they're nothing. :wink:
kscoach

Postby NatureDoc » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 am

L1D3 (july 9) - 8 minutes
still no pull up
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm

It will come you will get there don't worry, just keep up the good work.
Maybe through in some body rows as well they are outstanding.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby NatureDoc » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 pm

So finally back to a simple fit work out after a few days of other workouts (including one day of a home work out, a gym work out and a 4 hour salsa dancing extravaganza with my Hotamalen).

Today was the third week 1
L1D1: 29 rounds
pullups were 3:1 subbing either 45 degree body rows or my fancy dancy (but my no means ideal) shower frame things
Pushups were from full plank, elbows in, hands on free weights
Squats were one legged and weighted.

I'm not really sore after the simple fit works outs anymore. But no pull up yet. Operative work being yet.

Word, thanks for reading.

t
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Next

Return to workouts