Simplefit.org • View topic - This might actually work!!

This might actually work!!

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

This might actually work!!

Postby Chickenbone » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

I'm naturally skeptical, a bit lazy and working in the IT field for the last 10 years, I have a hard time sticking with one thing for very long.

I stumbled across this site in my RSS reader the other day and thought, now this is a workout routine I could get into. It has a goal, I can game it and make it a personal competition and above all, small amount of time needed to accomplish it each day.

This is where the skeptic kicks in. I'm pretty active, (scuba diving, snowboarding, some biking) but somehow still manage to be way out of shape. I think it's due to sitting on my ass, rockin the keyboard (computer) for over 8 hours a day. So thought there is no way a small little workout like this could do anything for me.

Yesterday I started the workout. Day 1/Lvl 1. I managed to get 23 rounds in 20 minutes. Sweating like a pig, but not exhausted. Today, I am sore all over. :) Luckily I only did Lvl 1.

Also today, I am actually looking forward to doing a workout. I normally hate working out. Which is why I never stick with a workout for very long, or half ass my way through one.

Combining this with my new habit of walking during my lunch hour and riding my bike to work (6 miles each way). I may actually get rid of this gut I've acquired over the last couple years.

Gotta go, almost time to workout.....

CB.....
Chickenbone

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:42 pm

Out of shape how overweight or poor sports performance?
If your goal is to drop weight than it is 80% what you eat, if it is performance these workouts will improve your gpp tremendously.

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Re: This might actually work!!

Postby Messner » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Chickenbone wrote:I'm naturally skeptical, a bit lazy and working in the IT field for the last 10 years, I have a hard time sticking with one thing for very long.

I stumbled across this site in my RSS reader the other day and thought, now this is a workout routine I could get into. It has a goal, I can game it and make it a personal competition and above all, small amount of time needed to accomplish it each day.

This is where the skeptic kicks in. I'm pretty active, (scuba diving, snowboarding, some biking) but somehow still manage to be way out of shape. I think it's due to sitting on my ass, rockin the keyboard (computer) for over 8 hours a day. So thought there is no way a small little workout like this could do anything for me.

Yesterday I started the workout. Day 1/Lvl 1. I managed to get 23 rounds in 20 minutes. Sweating like a pig, but not exhausted. Today, I am sore all over. :) Luckily I only did Lvl 1.

Also today, I am actually looking forward to doing a workout. I normally hate working out. Which is why I never stick with a workout for very long, or half ass my way through one.

Combining this with my new habit of walking during my lunch hour and riding my bike to work (6 miles each way). I may actually get rid of this gut I've acquired over the last couple years.

Gotta go, almost time to workout.....

CB.....

Are you ME?

I did exactly what you did yesterday. I achieved exactly the number you achieved. And I am in the exact same profession you are for the same amount of time.

Weird? Yes. Good Workout? Yes.

Glad to know I'm not alone.

And seriously... I felt like I wrote that post!?!!?!?!!?
Messner

Postby Chickenbone » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:10 pm

gpp = General Physical Preparedness?? (Thank you Wikipedia)!

I eat fairly well. But I tend to eat more that I actually need, compared to what I'm burning. And that is slowly changing. More exercise means more calories burnt. cutting portions means more gut loss. But I"m not worried/concerned about actually losing weight. That will happen naturally if I just get off my ass and cutting intake abit.

I can see this workout doing that as well as increasing my gpp if it actually stands for General Physical Preparedness. If you mean Gross Primary Productivity. Then I have no idea. I've never considered myself a ecosystem before. :)

CB...
Chickenbone

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 pm

Good to see some fellow geeks, I am a unix/linux admin myself.

Be sure to check out the nutrition section http://simplefit.org/nutrition.html
and the sample menu http://simplefit.org/menu.html

Those coupled with IF
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_DocSum

Seem to stabilize blood sugar and enhance concentration for when things go ugly and you need to debug all night :)

Glad to have you guys here!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby aaron » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm in IT too! Eventually found this place after exploring a link from Digg, so that might help to explain the sudden nerd-influx :-)
aaron

Postby Cipe » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:44 pm

Yet another IT guy here, thats why I'm up all hours of the night. I thought it funny when I read that you should eat only from noon to 6pm, I dont get out of bed until 3pmish. LOL.
Cipe

Postby Chickenbone » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:11 am

Mesner: Yes I am you. Now get back to work!!

CB...
Chickenbone

IF

Postby road » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 am

Admin:
I've been familiar with calorie restriction for a while, but this is the first I've seen intermittent fasting. Any research on it using humans? What kind of IF protocol do you use (how often, how long, etc), and how did you develop it?

It seems like something I should try but am not exactly sure how to go about it.
road

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 am

Hi road and welcome!

I did not develop anything all I do is research and find what I think works well test it on yours truly and then try to present it here in the most simple form if it works for me. IF is both one of the most simple yet effective techniques you can do. All you do is only eat between noon and 6pm or whatever 4-8 hr feeding window works for you. Try it for a month and see how it works for you. Some people eat every other day but that does not work for everyone and people seem to get the positive results using the 4-8 hr feeding window.

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness training