Simplefit.org • View topic - Body Rows in 5 minutes

Body Rows in 5 minutes

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Next time you guys need to video, at least the last 20-30 sec so we can see the pain :)

Great job, be sure to specify the angle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:55 am

Wow 73 Tonia, I am impressed! Wouldna mattered if you had posted first there is no way I could squeezed out that many, ass kicking or no :lol:

I got 45 at a 45 degree angle, nice and easy to remember if not very impressive LOL. and the last 6 were chins.

I'll be back in about 6 weeks to better that!

Afterwards I walked around and stretched for 5 minutes then tried 5 mins of squats - got 81 in but I'm sure I could have done better if I was fresh. Then just because no workout would be complete without them I did 35 pushups :lol:

Great challenge VBM, its been fun!
Last edited by aussiechick on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aussiechick

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:58 am

My first 20 were from about 30 up to 45 deg.
Then I made it a bit easier - putting the 45 deg. in the middle of my ROM.

Good job y'all.
volleyball_man

Postby ucffool » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 am

I qualified for this in my d3 test... 34 in 5 minutes @ 45° (degree mark done by holding ALT and pressing 0176 on the number pad)
ucffool

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Ok so now I'm a little confused, yes I do confuse easily!

Not sure I'm sure what you mean VBM about putting the 45 ° (thanks ucffool) in the middle of your range of motion?? The first 20 you did at a more horizontal 30° angle, I'm thinking 30° is more horizontal therefore harder? You can tell I'm no math professor LOL. Well duh, straight up would be 90°.

Anyways I don't suppose it really matters as long as we all know what we did. 45° (why isn't the ° easier!) was the beginning of my movement, the down postion. I got hubby to check me and then marked my foot position so I would always have the same angle. I nearly wished I didn't get hubby to take a look cause I was going to do them a bit easier than that and happily thought I was at 45° :oops:

Mmm now I'm wondering what a d3 test is?

Bec
aussiechick

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Andy - our plan has worked HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

I started at 30° from the horizontal and ended up at around 45° then moved up - starting closer to about 38° through 45° to about 52°

These are just guesses and my gorilla arm reach will make these ranges quite a bit long compared to the average person. I really was reporting what I was doing. If I started at 45 deg, I would lose a lot of resistance near the top. The only reason I changed from 30 deg was to do just that - I was dingdang tired!

Of course I could go on about how long the towel is and how far away the "hitching post" is and what angle my arms moved though and all - but I won't - I have a headache!

I think deg is easier. I am glad to know the shortcut for my next trig or geometry classes!

At any rate - I'll come back to this challenge again. It was fun.
volleyball_man

Postby ucffool » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Mmm now I'm wondering what a d3 test is?

Bec

You know, W9, L2, D3 (day 3). It took me over 5 minutes to do my bodyrows for L2 (39 total), and at 5 minutes, I had completed 34 of them.

Also, degree is measured as an angle between the horizontal ground and your back when arms are fully extended. At a 45° angle, you've basically halved your weight.

Finally, you can do the degree mark once, then copy/paste it for the rest of your post :)
ucffool

Postby aussiechick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Thanks guys, think I'm just having an off day!

I meant to say in my last post that as long as we know for ourselves what we did so we can compare for next time.

Kinda reminds me of that old saying "better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it" :lol:
aussiechick

Postby NatureDoc » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

So this is how I did it (everything about me and simplefit is pretty make shift. I have no pull up bar, I live with my parents (temporarily) and don't have permission to put such a thing up, so I make do). We gotta start from where we are with what we have.

I have a long peice of that material that they make backpack straps out of sewed into a loop about a meter (oh right you imperial americans... 3 feet) long when it is folded in half. It is looped onto my bedroom door hinge. I hold on to it, and lower my body to 45 degrees. I didn't check with my husband (don't have one) or anyone else (don't have them either) or with a protractor. But I gave myself a quick one over in my mirror, and I looked pretty equidistant (one of my favorite words) between horizontal and vertical.

I then did about 10 reps at a time, alternating chin-up and pull-up grips on each set, until I had body rowed myself 73 times.

Is that legit? Me and my makeshiftness still qualify? Who knows.
I'm cranky today. I had better to go to bed.

laters
t
NatureDoc
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am

Sounds great as Bec said the main deal is that you are able to recreate next time for reference. As always our toughest competeitor is always ourself.

I am obviously a huge fan of makeshift so so I am giving you a smiley face in recognition of your makeshiftiness :)
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to fitness training