Simplefit.org • View topic - Immortal Wombat's Log

Immortal Wombat's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Immortal Wombat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 am

Did L2 D2 yesterday in 4:50 (give or take about 10 seconds due to simpletick faffing and walking to and from the computer/pullup bar area) Taking the full 3 minute breaks between rounds.

Does this mean I should move up?
Immortal Wombat

Postby ucffool » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:53 pm

Day 3 is test day. If you complete that day in under 5 minutes, with good form and 3:1 subs (if using them) then you move up. Day 1 and Day 2 are for comparison and challenge with previous scores, but not used for judging the level upgrade.
ucffool

Postby Immortal Wombat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:24 am

Just did L2D3 in 6:30. Looking back, I only just got my chin over the bar in some of those pullups, should probably have been a little bit stricter and rested more between sets. At least this confirms I don't have to move up a level (Thanks Andy).

I'm a little worried about my squat form, I'll have to film myself and post the videos in a couple of weeks (to make sure it's not just muscle weakness buggering the form up).

Edit: I don't have a big mirror or someone who can spot me, and I'm terrible at judging my own form.
Immortal Wombat

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 am

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:15 am

I will create a section for posting videos
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Immortal Wombat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:40 am

L2D1. 32 rounds, woo! Did 25 last week, so I'm pleased with the improvement. It's possible the improvement is merely down to me properly hydrating and eating before the workout though. Next week should confirm or disprove this.
Immortal Wombat

Postby taifun » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:12 pm

Good work!

I've always found proper hydration to be vital for any kind of performance, be it physical or mental.
taifun

Postby Immortal Wombat » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Taifun: Yeah, I never used to give it much thought but lately it's really been showing me how important it is.

Just did L2 D2 in 4:12, made up most of the improved speed in squat rate. Took the full 3 minutes rest between rounds.

Going to try and shoot for under 5 minutes on Friday, wish me luck guys.
Immortal Wombat

Postby ucffool » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 pm

You asked for it... good luck!
ucffool

Postby taifun » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Yeah, good luck, but I don't think you need it. a sub-5 D2 usually means at least a sub-5 D3
taifun

Postby Immortal Wombat » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:08 am

L1D3......4:52! Although like last week I was juuuuust getting those pullups from about 9 to 13...still, I'm going up to level 3 anyway to see if I can cope.

I am hereby making a solemn promise to not go above level 3 until I can comfortably do all the exercises with good form for all required repetitions.

I may actually end up coming back down to level 2, but hey, we'll see.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also did a 1 arm pushup yesterday, all my joints cracked simultaneously. Probably can't do more than 1 in a row though, I didn't want to try as I really felt it in my core and lower back
Immortal Wombat

Postby taifun » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:27 am

Told ya!

Although I suppose you mean L2D3?

Did you do any other practice for the OAP? Like doing them at an angle or some such? Or did you just bang it out? Every time I try I get about halfway down before my elbow refuses to bend
taifun

Postby Immortal Wombat » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:18 am

Yeah, typo, L2D3.

The OAP (hehe, in Britain that means old aged pensioner...talk of 'banging one out' and 'doing them at an angle' is rather humorous to me) was just me having a go. I'm not sure if there is a certain form that you have to use, but I had my legs out quite wide for balance and structural stability, left hand on my hip, and the pushing (right) hand was on the floor under my face, with the fingers pointing west (if you assume headways is north and feetways is south) so the elbow, instead of bending south east like in a standard pushup, bent north east, free of the body, with a greater range of motion.

I also started from the ground rather than at the top position, after just trying again now, I can do a couple in a row provided that I'm allowed to bottom out after every rep, My lower back is too weak to hold me up in such an asymmetric way. Need planks.

Basically, you adjust the position of your legs and arm until you find a position that affords you maximum leverage and 'feels right'.

Disclaimer: I made all this shit up on my own and it may injure you.
Immortal Wombat

Postby Immortal Wombat » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Just did level 3 day 1. Did 26 rounds, with some fairly suspect pullup form. I was surprised how quickly my arms got tired compared to previous levels, until I realised that it's literally twice as many pullups per round at this level. Will stay at 3 until pullup form gets better.

Did a few planks over the weekend while watching TV, I think they may have helped with the pushups today, will try to do some planks the same day as my workouts from now on.

In other news, my diet has been really crappy lately, so I'll probably get that book Kevin keeps pimping and start frequenting the food parts of the forum.
Immortal Wombat

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Also I pretty much summarized the "meat" of the books in the nutrition section so you don't really need to buy any of them ;)

http://www.simplefit.org/nutrition.html
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to workouts