• View topic - Incorporate wieghtsin Simplefit

Incorporate wieghtsin Simplefit

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Incorporate wieghtsin Simplefit

Postby Jakester » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:29 am

I have been doing the simple fit thing fo 3 weeks or so. I am working myself into the crossfit, eventually. I want to condition my self with simplefit before I started in with crossfit WOD's. I am some what exper ienced with traditional weight training dating back to my gym days in high school, Ummmmm- 25 yrs ago!!! Just wondering if it would be beneficial for me to work in some dumbell\barbell weight traing with Level 7 simplefit. I have moved totally away from weight training, lately. Just wondering if it would be wise and if so, how should I incorporate wieght traing in my simplefit workouts? i was thinking Simplefit M-W-F; weights T-Th-S. Any thoughts?

Postby ucffool » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Remember your arms are getting a weight workout a bit with simplefit, so keep a mind's eye out for any problems, but alternating days (with 1 day off a week) should work well for you.

Postby Musky » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 am

You could do light skill work in the olympic lifts either on your off days, or during the warmup for your workouts. That way when you get to doing crossfit you will already have the movement down.

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:35 am

Also simplefit with a weighted vest is brutal, I have a good one on the products page.

Site Admin

Return to fitness training