Simplefit.org • View topic - Knee trouble

Knee trouble

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Knee trouble

Postby Xtina » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

My guests for the summer are finally gone and today could be my day one but I'm having problems with my knees - particularly my right knee. It's popping loudly every time I take an upward step and sometimes other places, like when walking. I'm afraid it is from the squats and all the hiking I've been doing this summer, since I've never had knee trouble before. Has anyone else had any trouble? Is this possibly because I'm doing squats wrong?

I know no one here is likely to be a doctor, but I'm also wondering if maybe I should rest my knees for a few weeks and not do squats or take many staircases to give the tendon a chance to heal. And if that's the case, is there a substitute exercise that I can do for my legs? And as far as that goes, I feel like the squats aren't really effective enough for my legs and that I could benefit from some other leg workouts, especially for upper legs and butt area.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Go see a doctor for sure, don't want to take any chances with your knee's.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ucffool » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:08 pm

There are 1 or 2 docs and a few trainers here...
My left knee pops on walking, no pain at all though. Been working fine for 2 weeks now... not saying a doctor wouldn't be worth it, I just haven't.
ucffool

Postby Xtina » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:15 pm

I will definitely see a doctor, but finding the time to do so isn't so easy. It may take a few weeks before I get the chance; September's going to be very busy.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 am

I would give the knees a break until you get them checked out maybe sub in more core work.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xtina » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Sounds good, I'll check out the thread you started on that and try to make day one happen today before band practice.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Return to fitness training