Simplefit.org • View topic - Simplefit functional fitness

Simplefit functional fitness

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Simplefit functional fitness

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:55 pm

one of the coolest things about simplefit and functional fitness in general is that they make you good at sports you have never done before or have not done in a long time. Today I went rock climbing for maybe the 3rd time in my life and did pretty darn good and attribute it to simplefit whole body general conditioning. I felt light strong and confident which was very different than the times I did it years ago before simplefit. Anyway what a cool sport, rock climbing is awesome and seems to translate really well to cross training with simplefit and vice versa I think I am hooked. One more great reason to simplefit and if you simplefit and have never tried rock climbing you should check it out!

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:55 am

I haven't played volleyball in about a year - I am anxious to see!
volleyball_man

Postby scumdogg » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:34 am

I noticed it this summer while helping my father in law move a pile of top soil. Whereas before I would have been reduced to a whimpering and gasping wreck after a few wheelbarrow loads, I was able to move over half the pile and I still felt I had energy left. I even notice that I have more energy while doing mundane things like climbing a couple sets of stairs. Before I'd just plod up the stairs and now I practically run up them. This simplefit stuff is great :)

I think I'm going to wait a little longer before tackling rock climbing. I'm still a little on the heavy side and my grip isn't up to snuff yet.
scumdogg

Postby kdo463 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:26 am

Yeah, I haven't been climbing in quite some time. I bet I'd be able to jump back in and possibly do better than I did last time after only a few weeks of simplefit. My son is starting to get interested in climbing now too. Looks like a new family activity on the horizon......
kdo463

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:20 am

Yeah I have plans for my four year old son as well but my wife is a little skeptical.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kdo463 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:23 am

That's the time to get them started. You'd be surprised at what they can do. My son is seven and he's like a little Spiderman.
kdo463

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:07 am

Cool I will take him this weekend, and I can use the spider man analogy to brain wash him into wanting to go :twisted:
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness training